yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locking the engine on a Surf 2.4 auto??? can anyone help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    I used the alternator tensioner, wedged it against the O/S chassis rail.
    Just found a picture of this on another page of the forum- this looks useful!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
      Can do a Monday evening. Finish at 5 in Brentwood.

Rob.

Used the 'rest breaker bar on nearside chassis rail, flick starter switch' method to undo it, bolted my puller to 2 of the holes and rested on a jack to do up. Made a special tool for the 3.0 as it's a lot tighter than the 2.4....
      Bolted puller to 2 of the holes & rested on a jack to do up?????? Bit confused on that one m8!!! Will keep in touch & let u know how i get on!!! Thanx again!!

Comment

Originally posted by dannchucky View Post
        This is a really useful bit of advice m8... Do u mean to use a prybar on the notches on the Crank Pulley/ harmoniser??? Cos this is only a plastic material & I'm a bit worried about cracking it if I put too much force on it???? But this sounds a much better idea than having to mess around with the starter motor etc!! Thanks again!!
        its metal, or should be! lol.

you can get it inside the hub, end resting on the ledges, then out so the back of the curved bit of prybar rests on the casting next to a bolt hole, the handle on the steering box.

May be better if i find a pic!
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

here you go, found them on old PC, lol, bit blurred, but hopefully good enough...

This has never let me down, even with 4' of water pip on the breaker bar, take you time to get it snug and in properly or you'll break the little lugs off, and it'll work.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks guys!! I now have a total of 4 different methods 2 try in order 2 remove the Crank pulley/ Harmoniser!!! I knew there must be an easier way than removing the starter motor- that is a job in itself & adds a lot of xtra work 2 this job!!! Thanks 2 u guys that put pics up & I'll let u know how I do now Wishbone- if I'm stil knackered even with this advice then I'll be in touch!! :-)

Comment

Working...
            X