No announcement yet.

Lexurf VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoshie's sliders fitted and sprayed to match the chassis......

I'll be wanting a pair of these after Xmas Brian, they look great!

Comment

• Your right mate, they do look great! Crackin finish to them as well with the paint

I'm a fan of the original alu steps but I think these suit the Surf better and I bet they make a big impact on how the finished truck looks plus they are so practical too. I'll have to get myself one of them jacks
      Any recommendations?

Comment

• This is where I got mine from......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48-HIGH-LI...item5191745cb0

They're all pretty much the same quality where ever you buy them from to be honest.

Machine Mart sell them too if you have a branch near home.

Comment

• Hi mate, before i go ahead with this unit i thought i'd ask, you can see from the pic how the original lighting's fitted, basicly the same as the old but the main difference is there ire no clear plastic bits as in the 2nd ged units which take light to each indivuadal button, on the oldun's i always saw part of these plastic bits down and use them to hold/house the new led's, however on this unit the two original bulbs shine directly into the space behind the button symbols,
          this means i cant fit indivuadal color's behind each button! and match them to the "button in use" led, all i can do is try and fit several led's together pokeing through each hole (where the bulb fits), if i use different color's all you'll get is a mix of color to the button symbols, The "in use" original led's i can replace as i useually do but if i fit different color's to those they wont match the symbol colors,
          what i was thinking is this, if i light the main bit behind the buttons with one set of led's the same color, and replace the original "on" ones with the different colors, you can still see which button is in use but the symbols will all be the same color, sorry this sounds long winded and hope you get what i mean,
          if you woul;d prefer a certian color let me know, and as you say your in no rush and if you like i will give it a go and see what it looks like, post a pic for ya etc,

the other thing is there are two square led's fitted in the slider ends which i cannot do anything about (unless i try stripping the switches which i dont feel comfortable doing as it aint my unit)
          cheer's ian

BTW! sliders look real good, in fact this thread has to be the best on the site, well dont mate, (if i ever win big!!!!!)
          Attached Files
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

• Your idea seems best mate. I don't mind if is just the one colour. Green or white would be good as I've replaced the dash backlighting with bright white and all the auxillary switches have a green glow.

Take as long as you like with it as it's your first 3rd gen version, make notes and wot-not. I suspect you'll get some future orders for them after I post photos of mine.

Cheers.

Comment

• OK me old mate! i'll stick a pic on as soon as, i was thinking green as well, they are a bit brighter than blue, to be honest at first glance this unit seems easier to do than the olduns, like i say tho i used the old clear bits to mount the led's but dont have this option with this one, it's certainly much easier to strip down,

Comment

• Hi vince, the burnt tracks in question
                Attached Files

Comment

• Garry, just checking you're happy with the tailpipe positions before I make the hangers.....

Comment

• I'm not Gary but i'm happy with em!!
                    sorry for the hijack but i dont think one can add pics to "pm's",
                    just about to pm ya anyway with details but it all done! hope you like it,:
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                      I'm not Gary but i'm happy with em!!
                      Fantastic Ian, exactly the look I was after!

PM-ing you now.

P.S. Yes you can ad photos to PMs if to copy and paste your Photobucket image code.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Garry, just checking you're happy with the tailpipe positions before I make the hangers.....
                        Sorry for the late reply to this Buddy. I was out tonight with a Sailor called Jerry.....O'er!

In the words of a dog selling insurance, "Ooohhh Yes!"
                        Looks great mate

Comment

I'm not Gary but i'm happy with em!!
                          POPEYE, you are a genius

Comment

• Remote oil filter set-up...

Home made CAI (cold air intake)...

Cut out blanks in grille... (I resprayed the grille and cleaned the washer bottle after these photos were taken by the way)

And a video/soundbite......

Comment

It arrived this morning thanks a lot Ian, I'm well chuffed.

I'll fit it on the week-end and post a photo so other 3rd gen owners can see how smart it looks and send theirs to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                                And a video/soundbite......
                                ###### hell - you've got a parking ticket...

Looking/sounding great Vince!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X