Replacing fuel pump seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing fuel pump seals

I know this has been done over and over again, i have checked back through old threads but...

does anyone know the size of o ring for the electrical connector on the top cover as the rtrax kit i have doesn't have one and is it some special rubber?

i want to do the outer side seal but can't seem to find pictures from the old threads, the links dont seem to work.

any help, pics or working links would be greatly appreciated is i dont want to disturb anything that i shouldn't.

Thanks
    Dazza
    Non consternationes.

Originally posted by dazandcaz View Post
    I know this has been done over and over again, i have checked back through old threads but...

does anyone know the size of o ring for the electrical connector on the top cover as the rtrax kit i have doesn't have one and is it some special rubber?

i want to do the outer side seal but can't seem to find pictures from the old threads, the links dont seem to work.

any help, pics or working links would be greatly appreciated is i dont want to disturb anything that i shouldn't.

Thanks
    Dazza
    I siliconed mine today! I believe Viton is what you need.

These look like the things to go for (for the solonoid):

http://www.polymax.co.uk/acatalog/Vi...1_-_BS284.html

At a guess I would say you would need to get 24.99 x 3.53

That's just a guess from looking at mine today (I wish I'd measured it now!)
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Thanks for the link, looks like i'm going to have to get a vernier caliper to measure the old seal before ordering some. While passing the local motor factors i bought a selection of normal o rings just to get me going but i dont know how long the rubber will last against the fuel. It's a bit of a pain but at least it's not difficult to replace.
      Non consternationes.

Comment

Once you've worked out the correct size why don't you let Barry at Roughtrax know the size and point him at the website - I expect Roughtrax would like to add them to their kits.

Bushwacker is sending me a fuel pump so when I get it I'll measure it too!
        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I know this is a bit of an older thread but did you find out the o ring size, buggered if I can find the size of it anywhere, or a new one come to that.

Comment

Try a denso dealer for a 90801-20210. Maybe Toyota part number 90099-14142. ID of oring is apparently 20.8mm. Don't know the cross section. That's about all I know ATM.

Nev

Comment

FOund some info on a Japanese site that suggests the o ring is a 21mm ID by 2.5mm cross section. So 21mm ID X 26mm OD may fit.

Nev

Comment

Thanks for that, a lot of faffing for such a small part!

Comment

I've got a mate in Perth who I'm meeting up with in the UK over Xmas, I was contemplating asking him to get one from a diesel shop that was mentioned on the aussie site, could have been the most expensive o ring ever.

Comment

Working...
                  X