Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdrive Question

Hi all.

Driving back in my surf this evening I noticed the o/d off light was on.

My brother in law said that my overdrive switch must have been pressed.

But it seems to me, that it was more of a warning light (in red)

So the question is, and I;ve seen some stuff eluding to this on searches, should you really drive with overdrive on all the time, and when it's off, the Surf is telling me that it's off as an alarm to me?

And a secondary question! What does overdrive do for me when it's on and what's the mechanics behind it?

Would really just like to know.
    Last edited by biglouieuk; 28 May 2007, 19:55.

found the answer here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13292

So no worries!

Couldnt find it when I searches, but when I posted it came up as a suggested other post of similar content at the bottom! Bit late by then!

Comment

Originally posted by biglouieuk
      Hi all.

So the question is, and I;ve seen some stuff eluding to this on searches, should you really drive with overdrive on all the time, and when it's off, the Surf is telling me that it's off as an alarm to me?

And a secondary question! What does overdrive do for me when it's on and what's the mechanics behind it?

when the o/d is on then there is no light.The light only comes on when the o/d is turned off.I leave my o/d on all the time
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by biglouieuk
        Hi all.

If the O/D light was on but the button is out, then either the transmission fluid needs topping up or it's getting hot.

With the O/D button out, overdrive is engaged and the transmission is in top gear

Comment

cheers guys. appreciate the answers. confused the hell out of my small brain today. I couldnt imagine that the the light on would be the common state to be in, would be annoying as hell!

Comment

Working...
          X