Fuel Pump Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump Help Needed

After haveing the head fixed this month, the fuel pump has decided to give up. It is p*ssing fuel out when cold, so I am guessing the top gasket has gone, but now the ECU has come up with fault code 12, and the truck is undriveable. So.... Can somebody point out on this picture where the Timer Control Valve is.

I need to get the car home, which is 30 miles away, if I disconnect the Timer control valve, will it drive?

Also, is it possible to change the gaskets without removing the pump, if not, how big a job is it to swap the pump for one from a breaker, (presuming I can get one).

Cheers
    Jez

I'm fairly sure the Timer Control Valve is an internal part of the pump and is the gismo that determines which injector gets the fuel and when.Simply put, it means pump out to remove.The fault code may have just appeared because too much fuel is being lost through the leak and this is still ok.The top seals can be done with the pump in vehicle so this may be the best and cheapest thing to do then reset ECU and see what happens.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuelpump.htm

Neville

Comment

thanks for the info

Hi, i notice a slight fuel leak while changing my oil and filter after much investigatiion i reckon its coming from the top cover of the pump, thanks to your posting its not going to be to difficult to fix, for some time the engine has spluttered for a few seconds when starting from cold, could the leak on the pump be the cause?

Phil

Comment

its possible the leak is drawing air back in which makes it hard to start (if at all sometimes!!) get your glow plugs checked and replaced if necc.... winter only just around corner lol good luck!
        DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

[QUOTE=Jezware]After haveing the head fixed this month, the fuel pump has decided to give up. It is p*ssing fuel out when cold, so I am guessing the top gasket has gone, but now the ECU has come up with fault code 12, and the truck is undriveable. So.... Can somebody point out on this picture where the Timer Control Valve is.

I need to get the car home, which is 30 miles away, if I disconnect the Timer control valve, will it drive?

Also, is it possible to change the gaskets without removing the pump, if not, how big a job is it to swap the pump for one from a breaker, (presuming I can get one).

Cheers[/QUOTE
          The timer control valve is under the pump. Follow the grey round plug on the side it is held in with 2 bolts. The number on it starts with 23010.

Comment

Working...
          X