Underseal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underseal

Just about to underseal my truck. Got a 5lt can of waxoil for the inside of the chassis and 2 cans of Tetra Shultz for the external bits. Will take some pictures when done.

good luck !!!!! degreaser is good for cleaning tetra scutz off yourself and spraygun
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
      Just about to underseal my truck. Got a 5lt can of waxoil for the inside of the chassis and 2 cans of Tetra Shultz for the external bits. Will take some pictures when done.
      You will have a lot of waxoil left after doing the inside. You can mix it with the Schutz to make it go further and I think this gives a better result.
      Best of luck, and dont forget to wear some form of breathing mask (it gets everywhere).
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Waxoiled the inside of the chassis, but the outside was a complete botch. The nozzel on the gun was too big and was flooding waxoil EVERYWHERE. I might get it done professionally as lying on your back trying to do the job is a nightmare. At least it's got more protection than what it had before.

Comment

What type of spray gun did you use? Finally got round
          to doing mine, the other day. Sprayed about two litres
          into the chassis rails through about every hole I could see,
          and from either end of the rails, then gave a coating over
          the underside, and finished off little bits that I missed with
          the gun with a brush. Fortunately, I had mine done by someone
          else with the combined Waxoyl/Schutz liquid when I first got her,
          so the session the other day was an example of rust paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            What type of spray gun did you use? Finally got round
            to doing mine, the other day. Sprayed about two litres
            into the chassis rails through about every hole I could see,
            and from either end of the rails, then gave a coating over
            the underside, and finished off little bits that I missed with
            the gun with a brush. Fortunately, I had mine done by someone
            else with the combined Waxoyl/Schutz liquid when I first got her,
            so the session the other day was an example of rust paranoia.

It's a sealey underseal gun suitable for schutz/waxoil (yeah right).

The nozzle was to big and emptied about a litre of waxoil in a matter of 15 seconds. I'm going to pop into Machine Mart and see what their guns are like.

Comment

m35a2 i used the gun from machine mart the other week
              make sure its screwed well tight ,
              just been given 2 1/2 litres of waxoyl going to put in a empty schutz tin and spray any other bits i missed,
              you get a flexible tube with it to get in the chassis
              whatever you do you gonna get covered
              persevere mate it will turn out looking good

Comment

Top tip.....only wear clothes that you're never gonna wear again!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Top tip.....only wear clothes that you're never gonna wear again!
                  wore those throw away overalls lol

Comment

I've got a shultz gun that come with a plastic tube to do inside the chassis
                    but last time i used it (on the serria) the tube shot off and as far as i know is still in the chassis, M35A2 are you sure you got the right nossle on? there should be a small hole one for spraying surfaces and you remove this to screw the flexible one on, Without the small one on you'll shoot the whole lot
                    rather quickly,
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                      It's a sealey underseal gun suitable for schutz/waxoil (yeah right).

The nozzle was to big and emptied about a litre of waxoil in a matter of 15 seconds. I'm going to pop into Machine Mart and see what their guns are like.
                      That's the one that I used. Used the flexi pipe for spraying into
                      the chassis initially, but then got extra paranoid and just sprayed
                      from both ends of the rails for about thirty seconds with the
                      normal nozzle. That gun works a treat, though. If you warm
                      the Waxoyl first as well, it goes on a treat. I kept a bucket of hot
                      water outside, and left the five litre can in there, and popped the
                      one litre can in for a short while each time I refilled it.

Comment

all the underneath now done lol found the waxoyl a lot easier to apply than schutz

Comment

Here are some photo's of the gun I used.

As you can see by the picture with my thumb next to the nozzle, it's one big bloo*y hole. The flexy tube was ok, but this nozzle is TOO big. I did heat the waxoil up first in a bucket of scalding hot water, as it was like oil when pouring it into the supplied canister. I bought some of those disposable overalls, but ended up not wearing them.

Need to look for a better gun.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Not surprised it peed out all over the place with that nozzle.
                            It's HUGE.

Comment

Working...
                            X