3.0 SSR-X Still no go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 SSR-X Still no go.

Hello folks,thanks for the replies to my post,but despite my efforts it still refuses to start.I`ve checked everything I can with a meter that has anything to do with the ECU and it seems to come down to the ECU itself.The next question is,does anyone know if it can be checked and repaired, or is it a matter of trying another unit ?. Does anyone know of a supplier or are they a Toyota part only.Any advice much appreciated.
    Don`t get mad,get even !

Try disconnecting the battery overnight or for AN Other period of time. This will reset the ECU to factory defaults.

Worth a try. There is also a main relay which can be tested (see attached).

You said in your previous post that you knew a thing or two so I guess you have probably drained the water off from the fuel filter.

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by stormrider
      Hello folks,thanks for the replies to my post,but despite my efforts it still refuses to start.I`ve checked everything I can with a meter that has anything to do with the ECU and it seems to come down to the ECU itself.The next question is,does anyone know if it can be checked and repaired, or is it a matter of trying another unit ?. Does anyone know of a supplier or are they a Toyota part only.Any advice much appreciated.
      reading your first post, i suppose you have checked the diesel shut off solenoid on the pump, and the fuse it runs off
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

There does`nt seem to be a fuel cut off valve on this model engine.[1KZ-TE] There is a timing control valve and a spill control valve.Looking at the system, I think the TCV acts as a shut off valve.That checks out with its resistance value and clicks like a good`un when you put battery voltage to it,as does the SCV.The main relay circuit checks out ok too.I got a mate to come with his newly bought 3.0ltr and did a few comparisons regarding power at various sensors and valves and the only one that was differant was the reading at the TCV.His had power to it but mine did`nt.We could`nt try his ECU as his is a manual box and mines a auto so the ECU`s are differant part numbers.Plus we didnt want to risk knackering his ECU up and having two stranded motors.Anyway,the ECU is now with a outfit in Nottingham who reckon it can be tested and repaired if found to be faulty.Hopefully it will be a two day turnaround so I`ll have wait and see.I`ll keep you posted on what happens and the cost and service side of it.
        Don`t get mad,get even !

Comment

Originally posted by stormrider
          There does`nt seem to be a fuel cut off valve on this model engine.[1KZ-TE] There is a timing control valve and a spill control valve.Looking at the system, I think the TCV acts as a shut off valve.That checks out with its resistance value and clicks like a good`un when you put battery voltage to it,as does the SCV.The main relay circuit checks out ok too.I got a mate to come with his newly bought 3.0ltr and did a few comparisons regarding power at various sensors and valves and the only one that was differant was the reading at the TCV.His had power to it but mine did`nt.We could`nt try his ECU as his is a manual box and mines a auto so the ECU`s are differant part numbers.Plus we didnt want to risk knackering his ECU up and having two stranded motors.Anyway,the ECU is now with a outfit in Nottingham who reckon it can be tested and repaired if found to be faulty.Hopefully it will be a two day turnaround so I`ll have wait and see.I`ll keep you posted on what happens and the cost and service side of it.
          sounds like that is the problem, if theres no power there it wont let diesel to the pump, could you have put power to it from the battery to see if it fired up then
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

To be honest I didn`t want to risk any more damage to the ECU.
            Don`t get mad,get even !

Comment

Working...
            X