yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sylex - A Long Long Journey to V8 Awesomeness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince, the transponder (I think) you often mention, for cars with a button key fob, is nowhere to be seen. Not sure it even has an immobiliser.

What does it look like? The full covering of the steering column (above and below and right down to the peddles) is off.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
      Vince, the transponder (I think) you often mention, for cars with a button key fob, is nowhere to be seen. Not sure it even has an immobiliser.

What does it look like? The full covering of the steering column (above and below and right down to the peddles) is off.

Cheers
      What year is the car?

Comment

• 93. One of the first MKIIs, I believe.

Just worried it gets carted off and it was hidden there somewhere.

The other is a 92 and a knackered button key still works fine.

Comment

93. One of the first MKIIs, I believe.

Just worried it gets carted off and it was hidden there somewhere.

The other is a 92 and a knackered button key still works fine.
          Absolutely no immobiliser to worry about on either of those engines.
          Any aftermarket immobiliser or alarm fitted to the car won't affect the ECU anyway.

Comment

• Woop! Cheers for clearing that up

Can't wait for tomorrow. All systems go

Comment

• BTW: I've kept all the things you mentioned in zem_41's thread.

But the brake hose to the servo: Is it just the one to the threaded fitting on the firewall...or the whole lot going to the servo?

Comment

BTW: I've kept all the things you mentioned in zem_41's thread.

But the brake hose to the servo: Is it just the one to the threaded fitting on the firewall...or the whole lot going to the servo?

Threaded fitting on the bulkhead??
                The hose goes from the servo to the rear of the plenum with a one way valve halfway along it.
                Keep the whole hose complete with the one way valve.

Comment

• Aye, that's what I was on about (ignorantly explained)

Cheers, Vince. I'll remove the other half tomorrow

Comment

• Just cut the heater hoses at the back of the engine, it's easier to replace with new.

I use this seller......(16mm for heater hoses. 38mm for Rad hoses.)
                    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Auto-Perfor...fsub=450466019

Comment

• will do

I'll take a few pics, too.

It's the dirty engine that's coming out tomorrow.

Comment

• 93 (K) FINALLY OUT!

Woo Hoo! One down...another to go.

Took around 60 mins to actually pull it. Biggest snag were the prop-shaft bolts. I'll throw up a few pics shortly

In the meantime...just to make sure...can anyone see a transponder for the non-existent immobiliser? Just being double sure as someone wants the full lock set. Which I can sell as the shell will be welded anyway (by the banger racer who has dibs).

Last edited by Sylux; 20 March 2014, 20:43.

Comment

93 (K) Finally Out!

Woo Hoo! One down...another to go.

Took around 60 mins to actually pull it. Biggest snag were the prop-shaft bolts. I'll throw up a few pics shortly

In the meantime...just to make sure...can anyone see a transponder for the non-existent immobiliser? Just being double sure as someone wants the full lock set. Which I can sell as the shell will be welded anyway (by the banger racer who has dibs).

Pretty sure they only came in around '96/'97. I've got a '95 and that doesn't have the security system.

Comment

• Yeh, Vince says it'll be fine...and I trust him. Just being double sure as I'm cursed at the moment!

Empty LS400:

I'm presuming the highlighted brass pipe is the EGR I can remove and blank? It's different from zem_41's but being one pipe means only two blanking plates (which I think I have).

Last edited by Sylux; 11 March 2014, 17:51. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Yeah, that's the one that often cracks, meaning you can actually hear the engine ticking over.

Comment

• Cheers. I'll get it blanked

Currently stripping the gearbox so I can remove it. Other LS400 (cleaner 92) is now in position

Comment

Working...
                                X