yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sylex - A Long Long Journey to V8 Awesomeness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All bolts out of the bell-housing but it's budging very slowly. I'm just giving it large with a rubber mallet and it's cracking at the seams a bit at a time. Is this just what needs to be?

Also, out of curiosity, what's the cable that runs from the throttle body to the auto box?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
      All bolts out of the bell-housing but it's budging very slowly. I'm just giving it large with a rubber mallet and it's cracking at the seams a bit at a time. Is this just what needs to be?

Also, out of curiosity, what's the cable that runs from the throttle body to the auto box?
      There's a couple of steel dowels as well as the bolts. Just keep wiggling it and it will come away from the engine.
      Have you removed the inspection plate at the bottom of the bellhousing?

That cable is for ATF line pressure. Try not to move the cable adjusting nut when you remove it from the throttle body, i.e. loosen the nut on the engine side of the adjuster to remove the cable from the bracket.

Comment

• It did exactly that with the cable but I presume I don't need it on a manual?

And yeh, removed the inspection plate. Unfortunately one of the two bolts snapped off! First one to do so

So wiggle away and I'll be good Thanks Vince

ps. Do I need to keep any fuses?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
          It did exactly that with the cable but I presume I don't need it on a manual?
          No. Forgot yours is a manual.
          And yeh, removed the inspection plate. Unfortunately one of the two bolts snapped off! First one to do so

So wiggle away and I'll be good Thanks Vince
          Once the transmission/bellhousing is off, you'll need to remove the six bolts holding the torque converter onto the flexplate. And then the flexplate.

ps. Do I need to keep any fuses?

Only the ones that fit your truck.

Comment

• Thank you, sir

Comment

• All off Cheers Vince.

The torque converter was nice and messy!

I'll obviously be fitting a new flywheel for the conversion so I'll bundle the GB back together and see if it can be sold on. Doubt it, like.

Surprised at how small and light it is.

Starting on the other one today. Really need to get them both off the drive. The 92 white one is immaculate. No rust at all!

Comment

• I need a Lexus auto 'box.

Comment

• Do you need 2?

Seriously though...happy to sort you with it. Just PM me when you get a moment.

Got the engine on the stand now. Anxious over the whole lot being held by 4 bolts!

Comment

• Another productive day. Got the exhaust off 92 (K) and it's all undamaged. So now I don't need to stress about the payment I received for half of it

Hope to get the second engine out tomorrow

Comment

• Just so I don't look like I'm lying

This is the dirty one. It'll not be when I'm done

Time to learn what the feck I'm doing

Just bought another engine stand for tomorrow's pull. £50 for a 623kg one. Not as nice looking as my SGS Black one...but a stand is a stand.

Comment

• Marvelous!

Now spray TFR all over it, leave for half an hour then use a pressure washer to rinse it off.
                        S'wot I do.

Comment

• Great...more shit to buy!

Any particular brand? And does it clean up a lot of the crap? Like a first go sort of thing.

I'll be careful whilst spraying it down, like...eek!

Comment

• eBay has a mountain of the stuff.

By the way "S'wot I do." = what I now do

Comment

• 92 (K) FINALLY OUT!

Seconded one out today Pics to follow (probably tomorrow).

Vince, a couple of questions.

1: One of the engine mount bolts just spun in its rubber. Presumably just perished inside. So when removing it's come away from the rubber and is useless now. Can these be replaced? Or am I replacing them anyways?

2: The little catch on one of the throttle cables (where it fits into the TB)...do I keep these or sling them?

Garage is packed now!
                              Last edited by Sylux; 20 March 2014, 20:43.

Comment

• Been following your build with great interest. Keep up the good work!

I'm just up the road a bit from you in Zoocastle, so would love to see it when it's all done. Hoping to get mine started this year sometime, so will no doubt be picking your brain (and everyone elses...especially the professors).

Comment

Working...
                                X