Underseal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underseal

ok, underseal... i have used waxoil before, it's good stuff i know, but it is like covering the underneath of your car with glue that never sets...

anyone know of an alternative that is not quite so messy?
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][B][SIZE=2]1993 SSR-X 2.4TD[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

Originally posted by Shish
    ok, underseal... i have used waxoil before, it's good stuff i know, but it is like covering the underneath of your car with glue that never sets...

undersealing is never as good as if its done in the factory as any moisture that is trapped will start to rust worse, body schultz is an alternative but waxoil is the best one, both are messy, there is also stonechip spray but this is designed for the sills and valances under the bumper and can be overpainted
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
      undersealing is never as good as if its done in the factory as any moisture that is trapped will start to rust worse, body schultz is an alternative but waxoil is the best one, both are messy, there is also stonechip spray but this is designed for the sills and valances under the bumper and can be overpainted
      I thought some of these products ( inc waxoil ) claimed to drive out moisture & kill the rust.
      Surely the most important thing is to make sure any loose mud ,rust etc is removed prior to sealing as nothing can adhere to this ?
      Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by Shish

SELLOTAPE! LOL just get stuck in & get it done. the other alternative is HAMMERITE but it will take ages
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

i dont mind doing it... just wont enjoy it when i come to work under it in the future!

found this: http://www.motortraders.com/xcart/ca..._25_litre.html

best of both worlds? anybody used it?
          [FONT=Trebuchet MS][B][SIZE=2]1993 SSR-X 2.4TD[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Yes , thats what I used as described in my post under the other thread title 'underseal' that was started today. But I used a cartrige type that fits on a air feed gun attatchment .

Rick
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
            X