X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we at way with Russia yet??

Because I fancy a set of these...

http://rumin-sport.com/catalog/optic...%29-white.html

With RHD HID projectors fitted where the low beams are... and probably the chav eyes removed...
    Last edited by Karma Supra; 26 September 2014, 15:58.
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
    Because I fancy a set of these...

http://rumin-sport.com/catalog/optic...%29-white.html

With RHD HID projectors fitted where the low beams are... and probably the chav eyes removed...
    I'm sure they will fit on one of these.
    Attached Files
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
      I'm sure they will fit on one of these.
      Probably not one of these though.
      Drove one a while ago - pretty good.

Anyway - like those lights. I wonder how much - anyone good at Russian?
      Attached Files

Comment

8500 RUB is under £143

But there will be shipping and tax on both at about 30%ish....

Plus they will be left hand drive, so my plan would be to fit some RHD 2.5" HID projectors to the low beam...

The only thing is I'm really not a fan on "Angel Eyes" on anything that they didn't come from the factory on...

But really miss decent projector headlamps!
        I'm just a bit paranoid that they border on "chav"

More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Wil they fit my Corsa?

Feckin horrible things.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I'm just a bit paranoid that they border on "chav"
            They passed the border and romped through the Capital.

Comment

Ha, oh well, they are not replying to me anyway...

My main incentive is better lighting, I'm thinking maybe if the backing wasn't quite as "chrome" it would look less obvious...

Unless anyone can confirm if the facelift "clear" headlights give much much better light over stock, with fewer hot spots and cool spots? Vince?
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

Ha, oh well, they are not replying to me anyway...

My main incentive is better lighting, I'm thinking maybe if the backing wasn't quite as "chrome" it would look less obvious...

Unless anyone can confirm if the facelift "clear" headlights give much much better light over stock, with fewer hot spots and cool spots? Vince?
                I've never driven my '96 3rd gen in the dark so I can't compare with the 'crystal' lights on the '01,
                I do have Osram Nightbreakers in the 'crystal' lights though and I'm happy with the light output.

Comment

Well a bit of an update,

They arrived and I kind of forgot about them for a few months

The headlamp units themselves actually look pretty good, not so sure about the side/corner lights, but the twin bulb per corner option is nice.

I'm still hugely undecided about fitting these, I think with the chrome bits painted in gun metal, or black, or even just silver (instead of chrome) they'd look less obviously "in your face".

Anyway my main bugbear right now is that to actually fit them to the truck, you need to trim some of the metalwork behind the headlights, to allow for the wider "double" housing, That might sound pretty daft considering all the cutting and chopping on my truck to fit the V8, but that was more than a "trial fit"

So, instead I fired up Photoshop, took some pics and used my very dubious photoshop skills to get a feeling what they might look like fitted...

More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

https://translate.googleusercontent....v4qldoMIdJQNaQ

Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Hmmm, £134 per set. Wonder if they ship to the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Hmmm, £134 per set. Wonder if they ship to the UK?
                        They do, that is the exact set I have, just finished in black! You have to talk to a nice man called Alexi, and send western money union transfer.. I'll confirm how much it cost with tax once I'm home, as that email is on my home pc! (I think they stand me in about £300 with shipping and tax)

As they are left hand drive and need converting I was going to paint them anyway (as my posts above) but I think black is a bit "too much" maybe gun metal would look better..

I'm just having a bit of a "thing" as I'm not sure if they are going to suit it or not!

Tempted to get facelift headlights instead! Can't decide!!!!
                        More Lift.
                        More Tyres.
                        More Engine.

Comment

What is involved in "Converting" them to RHD?

I've had a big stonechip in one of my lights since I've had the truck but if I am going to fork out for new lights, I'd rather have something better than stock. As it passes the MOT with the chip, it's purely a cosmetic niggle.

But such is the life of a shiny-shiny owner. 1st-world problems etc.

There are plenty of US-ebay lights for the 4Runner but the sellers all stipulate these are LHD. Is it the lens patten in the glass, or are the bulbs angled, or is the design of the reflector angled?

There is of course a bloke flogging the "Crystal" lamps on ebay UK but they were £255 a side last time I looked. I can't justify that outlay at the mo.
                          Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

I was going to replace the low beam projector units with RHD bi-xenon projectors from the Retrofit Source.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.U87W4NhOUb1
                            These fit behind the face bit you see, and involve making a plate and a bit of trimming as the rear of the unit is wider. It'll give solid decent light though, like that of a modern HID system, so I can see more, and blind other people less.

It's not something you can so with the reflector, or lens type beam pattern adjusters, (although some people retrofit a HID projector to a clear lense headlight, that was my first idea, but they look a bit bog eyed to me)
                            More Lift.
                            More Tyres.
                            More Engine.

Comment

Does anyone know if you can buy these from the uk with R/H drive set up?

Comment

Working...
                              X