My 3.0 SSR x Limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3.0 SSR x Limited

Thought I'd put up some pics of my Surf as she evolves, I doubt there will be any radical mods, I've had my fill of 220bhp Cortinas, lowered herses and V8 kit cars to be honest!

This is how she arrived.

The eagle eyed amongst you may notice it only says "Surf" on the drivers side!

I'll be having that big sticker off it when i get the chance so its plain on both sides.

I'm planning on making it taller and fitting nicer wheels and bigger tyres as well as some smaller stuff to improve the looks, i will take her off road, but I've had proper off roaders before and I don't want this one to end up wrecked like them, so it'll be gentle off roading, she's also not my everyday car as I have a work van. I'm not well off so some stuff will take a while, but she'll get there in the end.

Put my Bluetooth head unit in over the weekend, cleared out the rats nest left by a now missing CD changer and 20 years of add ons under there.

Comment

I got rid of the rain deflectors, I'm a lanky bugger and it annoys me looking through them on top of just not liking the look of them, used petrol to melt the sponge/glue left behind which took a while but its all good now.

Comment

This one brings me up to date, clear indicators came in the post this morning so I put those on,

I also fixed the interior light, one rivet had fallen right out and another was really loose, just replaced them with small self tappers, works perfectly.

I have ordered one of those super bright LED bulbs to replace the incandescent one.
        Last edited by popuptoaster; 9 July 2014, 19:11.

Comment

Posty came with more goodies, should keep me busy on the weekend for a bit.

Comment

put the stuff in the Surf so i knew where it was and realised it would only take 5 mins to do the side repeaters and the interior bulb.

Comment

You're pretty much doing the standard "to do" list. Rear lights next and then....the V8 conversion!

Believe me...that bug is going to bite you

Comment

I doubt it, unless this engine self destructs it'll stay in there, there's enough Surfs with cracked heads for sale cheap for engine conversions and i've built enough cars over the years to know how long it takes to get them driving like stockers, just can't be arsed with it again, not on something like this, if I'm gonna build a v8 car i want it fast!

I don't like clear rear lights so unless i can get all red ones and put yellow bulbs where the reversing lights go then the stock ones will stay on.

Comment

Fair enough

Comment

Stock rear lights is always a better look. Keep the pics coming.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Got some more bits through the post this morning, fitted the remote locking this evening, took about 2.5 hours, but half that was finding the right wires!

Being my first Surf makes everything take ages, as i have to work out how to get the panels off and where the wires are let alone the right ones!

Anyway, remote locks are working, not done the windows yet, I'm sure that'll take even longer. :S

Comment

just out of interest, what are your plans for the wind deflectors?
                        im looking for a good set, and they all appear tatty on flea-bay,or dont have the fixings.

Comment

I've had a few enquiries about them now, to be fair I'll put them on Ebay with no reserve price and you guys can decide how much they are worth, I'll post a link when it's done.

Comment

that sounds fair, i'll keep an eye out for them. i take it you have kept the fixings? or are they the glue and sticky foam type?

Comment

Originally posted by scott-lee View Post
                              that sounds fair, i'll keep an eye out for them. i take it you have kept the fixings? or are they the glue and sticky foam type?
                              They were sticky foamed on but with fixings as well, got them all off ok too.

Comment

Working...
                              X