X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
    Yep only one wheel spinning
    Shame about the false start ha

It looked like smoke was coming from both sides to me.

Comment

• I ended running the pump relay from the alternator, I wonder if it's the pump pulling too much, I tried a 20amp and that goes too.
      No only one side span up, my mate was watching it.
      ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• Ha!

After watching "Vegas Rat Rod" the other night it did occur to my that my wheels go off for refurb on Monday and I have some "to be binned" All terrains on them...

I might have to get a new profile picture taken...
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

• Perfect excuse to make some smoke :-)
          Think I sussed the fuse problem.
          The pump swinging a little in the tank caused the live to rub against the hole I drilled for it. Moved the wires a little and it's been fine now.
          I seem to have a lot of pressure build up in the tank, is this normal?
          It's quite a lot as it has now pushed the silicone I used to seal the wire entry into the tank near enough out.
          Thanks

Comment

• Anyone else got squeeky injectors?

Comment

• Another quick query about my brakes
              I seem to have a lot of travel on the pedal, to the point I'm about an inch off the carpet where the wheels lock up.
              I have wound the tie rod attached to the pedal all the way out but it doesn't seem enough.
              Would this be due to an old master cylinder possibley?
              Many thanks

Comment

• Does sound like worn seals in the master cylinder allowing fluid pass them instead of compressing it.

Comment

• Would this produce a leak at all?
                  Had a good look round and can't find any?
                  Wonder how much they are from Toyota :-)
                  Gotta b £300 easy

Comment

• You should be able to get a rebuild kit if it's just the seals and its not scored or corroded internally.

I fixed a Volvo clutch cylinder with a £5.99 kit when they wanted £270 for a new one so it's worth looking into!

Comment

• It doesn't leak as the fluid seeps past the piston seals in the M/C as you press the brake pedal instead of being forced down to the calipers.

Does the brake fluid have a black tint to it? If it does then it's a sign of worn piston seals.
                      Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 31 August 2014, 19:20.

Comment

• Cool thanks gents
                        I'll look into that
                        :-)

Comment

• Hi all
                          Hope everyone's enjoying the sunshine :-)
                          I managed to unwind the bar a little more in the end and now the brakes are satisfactory thanks for the tips.
                          I now have another issue though.
                          I have just come back from a fishing trip to France for a week, set out on the return coach at 0830 sat morn and due to traffic got back to luton at 0230 sun morn. the surf was parked up in a car park for the week. On starting the surf it fired up as usual but straight away cut out after maybe half a second, I tried to start it again and it wouldn't fire. I seem to have lost the spark. I overided the fuel pump so it was on constantly and still no luck. Checked all the fuses and they are all fine. Gave the igniters a tap still no luck, disconnected battery's for a 5 mins still no luck. Ended up having my buddy tow me back to heathrow down the m1 and m25 with a cargo strap, scary stuff.
                          Any ideas
                          Thanks very much

Comment

• Have they cut the fuel line under the car and emptied out your tank?

It happens...

Comment

• Definitely lost spark?
                              Could be the injectors are not firing. Try swapping the start and master relays relays around see if that makes any difference. Also, give the fuses a wiggle.
                              Didn't you have fuel delivery problems before and you wiggled something to get going again?
                              I don't suppose you checked for any ECU fault codes before you disconnected the battery?

Comment

• No fuel lines all good
                                I just swapped the s and m relays and no difference, but on swapping them back it started then died again so must be the relay.
                                Will grab a new one tmrw
                                Thanks Vince :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X