Instructions to change a timing belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instructions to change a timing belt

Help needed. The timing belt light on my 3ltr ssr-x td has just come on,it has done 100000 kilometers .I have ordered the new belt ,how do I fit it and how long will it take?

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by lachie999
    Help needed. The timing belt light on my 3ltr ssr-x td has just come on,it has done 100000 kilometers .I have ordered the new belt ,how do I fit it and how long will it take?

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Remove the top hose and fan cowl, and the fan if you want for ease of getting in. then the belt cover will be easy to get to, its held on with two clips and about 3 bolts. Line all the timing marks up and then remove the tensioner, then the belt.

Compress the tensioner in a vice or press till the holes line up, then insert a small drill bit or allen key to hold it closed, then you can check the tensioner pulley for wear in the bearings and install a new belt, line it up and pull the pin out of the tensioner.

Then crank the motor over a couple of times by hand and check the marks still line up, and then bolt it back together and go down the pub.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Give this site a try as well. it's quite good for procedures like this.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/timingbelt.htm
      Mac The Wac

Comment

sounds too easy to me mate - why dont have a 3.0!!
        you want to list what to do on a 2.4 to make him feel better?

Originally posted by TonyN
        Remove the top hose and fan cowl, and the fan if you want for ease of getting in. then the belt cover will be easy to get to, its held on with two clips and about 3 bolts. Line all the timing marks up and then remove the tensioner, then the belt.

Compress the tensioner in a vice or press till the holes line up, then insert a small drill bit or allen key to hold it closed, then you can check the tensioner pulley for wear in the bearings and install a new belt, line it up and pull the pin out of the tensioner.

Then crank the motor over a couple of times by hand and check the marks still line up, and then bolt it back together and go down the pub.

Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
          sounds too easy to me mate - why dont have a 3.0!!
          you want to list what to do on a 2.4 to make him feel better?
          Take up to much server space!!
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Take up to much server space!!
            lol
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
            X