Bottom ball joint re-fit HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom ball joint re-fit HELP

Started the 2 1/2" spring spacer fit yesterday, got the rear done pretty easy, got the front struts out without much stress by removing the bottom ball joint via the 4 bolts. Fitted the spacer kit to the struts ok came to re-fitting and can't get the bolts back in the bottom ball joint

Have tried trying to get it lined up with jacks & big big bars etc but can't seem to get it any where near, is there some kind of easy way that i have missed ? Was working on my own (billy no mates )

Did this yesterday on my own after a 12 hour night shift & gave up in the end returning the front struts to normal and re-fitting which was easy getting the 4 ball joint bolts back in.

Truck now looks like a drag racer...........cool

um... why did you take the ball joint off???
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Sorted it had another go without tired eyes and did it quite easily utilising coil spring compressor, trolley jack and bigish tommy bar.

Didn't want to separate the top ball joint as last time I did some thing similar ended up ripping the rubber on the ball joint.

Truck now has 4" lift but having to wait to get the 33"'s & the 31"s look at little lost surrounded by all that wheel arch.

Also removed the side steps ready for the Welsh adventure.......kids complaining that it's too hard getting in & out now lol

Comment

Working...
      X