Halfords Professional ratchet spanners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halfords Professional ratchet spanners

I just got a set of these - like ring spanners except the ring end is a ratchet.

They have got them on offer at the moment - £39.99. Can't rate them highly enough. Mad taking the head off my Surf and undoing the nuts on the engine mounts a piece of p**s. Can't imagine how long it would have taken just to undo the engine mounts with just normal spanners as there is insufficient room for a ratchet.

Also even the rear exhaust manifold nut was easy to do - took me 30 mins for just that one nut last time I had the head off.

If anyone is doing any serious work on the Surf - especially the 2.4 as the clearance around the engine is fag paper wide - then I would suggest you spend your chrtistmas money early and go get a set before they run out.

Cheers

what do you get in the set? i.e. number of spanners and sizes?

I've had my eye on the set screwfix do, and think they are in the region of £20, but might be wrong, but that pack only has about 5 spanners
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook

I've had my eye on the set screwfix do, and think they are in the region of £20, but might be wrong, but that pack only has about 5 spanners
      without looking at them I am pretty sure it was an 8 piece set.

8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm, 15mm, 17mm, 19mm plus you get a converter to use a 1/4inch drive extension bar or socket that fits in the 12mm and a converter to use screwdriver bits that fits in the 8mm.

Plus they have a 5% ratchet which means you don't need to turn the head that much to the next click of the ratchet and also the ratchet end is on a hinge that allows you to get at nuts/bolts from different angles.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by andycook

had a set since Christmas last year, agree absolute god send.

sizes are 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 & 19mm (from memory)
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Ive had mine since summer very handy tool to have as you can offset the ring end as well
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Working...
          X