Fitting remote central locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting remote central locking

Hi folks I've got bored with use my key to unlock the hilux so was looking to fit a remote central locking kit. Now I have a kit that is a simple box that takes a pos and neg of course then signal wires to operate the open and close functions on the fob. I was thinking of wiring these signal wires into the door lock button as it will be easy to get to and should be easy to wire in.

Had a little look at the wiring loomon this yesterday and looking for power and it appears to me that the door lock button seems to work on a negative means as when it is operated for open or close a wire that did have 12v running through it then has 0v. Am I on the right lines as I've looked through my Haynes and can't seem to find the wiring diagram for the door lock switch.

Help is greatly appreciated

Marty

Hi, this any use?
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76369
    Non consternationes.

Comment

I tapped into the wires going into the block by the driver's side panel by the throttle pedal.

If you are using the green wires from the steering column, be careful as there were four on my truck.

If you haven't got one, get a multimeter and learn how to use the basic features (continuity, and DC volts). Made a big difference when I fitted my alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo12c View Post
        Hi folks I've got bored with use my key to unlock the hilux so was looking to fit a remote central locking kit. Now I have a kit that is a simple box that takes a pos and neg of course then signal wires to operate the open and close functions on the fob. I was thinking of wiring these signal wires into the door lock button as it will be easy to get to and should be easy to wire in.

Had a little look at the wiring loomon this yesterday and looking for power and it appears to me that the door lock button seems to work on a negative means as when it is operated for open or close a wire that did have 12v running through it then has 0v. Am I on the right lines as I've looked through my Haynes and can't seem to find the wiring diagram for the door lock switch.

Help is greatly appreciated

Marty
        Would help if we knew which model Surf you have don't you think?

Add your vehicle details under your username by clicking on the USER CP button at the top of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Add your vehicle details under your username by clicking on the USER CP button at the top of the page.
          True... it may be a Ford Prefect or something...

Comment

Done now that should help things then I think I got all the details on

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo12c View Post
              Done now that should help things then I think I got all the details on
              Marvelous.

See post #2 above for the link to which wires to connect.

The central locking module is above the fusebox next the the throttle pedal.

Comment

Marvelous.

See post #2 above for the link to which wires to connect.

The central locking module is above the fusebox next the the throttle pedal.
                Excellent thanks folks ill have a crack at it tomorrow already did my impreza seats, timing belt and radiator today

Comment

Replacing remote locking box under seat

Hi All

I know its a while since this subject was covered, but I wondered if someone could help with my attempt at installing central locking. I've got a 3rd Gen with the black control box under the drivers seat. I have bought an after-market remote unit and i'd like to sit it under the drivers seat - replacing the one that came with the Surf.

However, I don't have a clue what the wires mean coming into the box. Anywhere where this is documented? I think i just need power, closing signal and opening signal.

Here's a few photos of the old black box, the connector and the instructions to my new bit of kit bought on eBay!

Any help appreciated

Pete

Comment

update on black box wires

Hi

I've done some 'testing' of the wires going to the black box under the seat. Here's what I've found out so far. There are 8 wires going to the black box, 4, with power, 4 without:

with power:
                    Blue/Black
                    Pink/Black
                    Green/Red
                    Yellow/Black

Without power:
                    Black
                    White/Black
                    Blue/Green
                    Green/Black

I've managed to power up my new remote box, but only by using the Green/Red power wire. Green/Red seems to have a constant +12v. Others are nearer 11v - not sure why?! The others don't apper to power my unit (not enough power?)

Now, a few functions I've found so far:

White/Black - beeps the horn
                    Prink/Black - key beep

To open and close the doors, i do the following:

Touch the Black + yellow/black - Unlocks doors
                    Touch the Black + blue/black - Locks doors

That's going to make it a little difficult to rig up the remote unit i've got. As it's expecting a single wire for UNLOCK and a single wire for LOCK ;-(

Any ideas....should I give up and just tap into the white door control box under the fuse box? It's a shame, as my new remote box fits exactly where the old black box used to be under the seat, in a nice little harness!

Pete

Comment

Working...
                    X