Another towing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G1bbo View Post
    Regards od light flashing, I've done the diagnostic test and code got code 9 for no speed signal, will this still be related to the clocks themself or something else?
    The OD codes are double digit numbers if I am not mistaken.

You bridge the E1 and the TE1 pins with a paperclip or similar, then turn the ingnition on and and count the flashes of the OD light.
    For example 6 continuous flashes, then a little pause, then 3 continuous flashes.

Once you have the 2 digit number, enter it in here:

http://codes.rennacs.com/FaultCodes....commonRepairs=

If you got 63, then it would be solenoid n 2 needing replacing.

The 9 code for speed signal/ sensor is an ENGINE CHECK light code, when the 'check engine light' flashes 9 times.

If you got that and your OD light just keeps flashing intermttently without a pause/pattern, then your autobox is fine.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers
    Last edited by tashtego; 10 December 2016, 19:53.

Comment

Originally posted by G1bbo View Post
      I have, gearbox fault which I'm hoping is the speed sensor as the Speedo doesn't work either. Doesn't the auto box use the speed signal to work out the appropriate gear?
      speedo do die on these. caps fail and they corrode the circuit board.
      the ecu takes the speed signal from the speedo, not from the speed sensor. so if the speedo doesn't work the ecu can error as it has no speed signal.
      not 100% sure but i think the main use use for speed signal is for the overdrive.

Comment

Working...
      X