Egr removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meooo View Post
    The banjo bolt is quite clearly NOT an earth or an oil drain, its a solenoid on the fuel pump, the lower component is a starter motor.

Are you sure you're working on a Surf??
    What Banjo Bolt? What Solenoid? All I see is two wires conneted to the Glow Plug Resistor under the intake manifold which is probably where his two wires belong.

Nev

Comment

I'm lost, I see a pic of the Glow plug resistor and its wiring, and lots of semi-words in odd orders!

Even with no glowplugs it'll start in the end, are you getting fuel to the injectors?

Your fault codes are jibberish, it'll flash continuously every 0.5 sec or so for no problem, or any number of flashes then a gap for the code.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I think the lack of starter motor is probably holding things back

Comment

remedy

Originally posted by meooo View Post
          The banjo bolt is quite clearly NOT an earth or an oil drain, its a solenoid on the fuel pump, the lower component is a starter motor.

Are you sure you're working on a Surf??

I too am confused
          happy hunting very funny guys am suffering yous guys are bursting your asses of at me 3wks off the road footing every where all. i removed was starter motor because jammed do to much cranking trying start it so mistery wire belongs on starter motor ? cause i never went near fuel pump?

Comment

mistery wire

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
            What Banjo Bolt? What Solenoid? All I see is two wires conneted to the Glow Plug Resistor under the intake manifold which is probably where his two wires belong.

Nev
            hi nev regarding EGR mod the only thing i took off hilux was EGR ASSEMBLY AND STARTER motor because hilux wouldent start result having removed EGR so how did 2 wires get off glow plug resister?

Comment

You might get better answers if you typed in English. No-one knows what the #### you're talking about.

Some obvious questions -

What were the wires connected to when you started to take the engine to bits?

What is at the other end of the wires?

When you say you removed the EGR, have you got a picture of the bit you've taken out?

Is the starter motor now back in and working?

Comment

EGR removal

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                You might get better answers if you typed in English. No-one knows what the #### you're talking about.

Some obvious questions -

What were the wires connected to when you started to take the engine to bits?

What is at the other end of the wires?

When you say you removed the EGR, have you got a picture of the bit you've taken out?

Is the starter motor now back in and working?
                hi sancho the other end of wires at rear of engine comes out the loom just after connections going to egr plugs vsv dont have any pic the only thing taken off that side of engine was pipes from egr exhaust egr valve pipe goes into venturi do heavey cranking had to remove starter motor rebuild it working fine now getting diesel to injectors lots black smoke i first discovered 2 wires hanging loose after removed egr thinking bolted to manifold earth wouldent start then i tryd body earth still no start so finally tested them sure enough 6.8 volts so not earth ? like i said 2 wires light brown colour with green stripe across them every inch or so on ring type spade 12 mil hole centre .you said mat knows the answer what his site name how do i contact him?

Comment

This is getting tiresome now, 'Frankx' it's time to reveal your true identity?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    This is getting tiresome now, 'Frankx' it's time to reveal your true identity?
                    .... Which was nice.

Comment

2 loose wires

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
                      Errrrrrrmmmmmm ......... I'm a bit confused, maybe try using Microsoft word to check grammar then copy and Paste to hear, as I and others by the look of it can't understand what your trying to say
                      hi matt sancho said you know the answer to my problem while removing EGR mod finding to loose wires hilux at rear engine on same loom as wires goes to erg vsv plugs just bottom manifold sorry dont have pic i think you know what i meen? sorry cant be more precise light brown with green stripe across them every inch or so on ring type spade 12mil hole centre .having removed starter thought might came from that but tested them when ignition on registering 6.8 volts going through them before that tryed hooking them upto manifold and then body earth no go can you help me please nice to be nice afterall ben off the for 3 wks now on foot patrol. theres a bottle of jack daniels in for you if you come up tae galsga and bolt them on for mae ha ha just joking think you need for this site humour that is
                      Last edited by frankx; 6 November 2011, 21:49.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                        All I see is two wires conneted to the Glow Plug Resistor under the intake manifold which is probably where his two wires belong.

Nev
                        Did you even bother to read this????
                        What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Originally posted by frankx View Post
                          hi matt sancho said you know the answer to my problem while removing EGR mod finding to loose wires hilux at rear engine on same loom as wires goes to erg vsv plugs just bottom manifold sorry dont have pic i think you know what i meen? sorry cant be more precise light brown with green stripe across them every inch or so on ring type spade 12mil hole centre .having removed starter thought might came from that but tested them when ignition on registering 6.8 volts going through them before that tryed hooking them upto manifold and then body earth no go can you help me please nice to be nice afterall ben off the for 3 wks now on foot patrol. theres a bottle of jack daniels in for you if you come up tae galsga and bolt them on for mae ha ha just joking think you need for this site humour that is
                          I just love it... I can imagine the whole post being shouted as if the rest of us don't speak the same language and somehow shouting means that we will understand.

Or is it a game we used to play where you had to rearrange the above to make a famous phrase or saying??
                          .... Which was nice.

Comment

Where in Glasgow are you?
                            Brian

Comment

The shallow end?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                                The shallow end?
                                Damn, I have to wipe coffee off the laptop now.

I was expecting a grumpy, abusive reply, well done....

Yoshie, for his and our sanity go and help him out, I'll pay your years subs!!
                                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                                X