How Bigs The Fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Bigs The Fine

Does anybody Know how big the fine is if you are caught by C & E running on heating oil, red derv or undeclared veg oil???

Just being doing a few sums, and the way the fuel price is going it`s not going to belong before it`s worth taking the risk.

A local bloke ran his two cars on red diesel and it was two years before he was caught.He paid his fine and was quite happy since he had already saved £1000`s.
    Stella Artois

its not just the fine as your car is likely to disappear also.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by jackster
      Does anybody Know how big the fine is if you are caught by C & E running on heating oil, red derv or undeclared veg oil???

Just being doing a few sums, and the way the fuel price is going it`s not going to belong before it`s worth taking the risk.

A local bloke ran his two cars on red diesel and it was two years before he was caught.He paid his fine and was quite happy since he had already saved £1000`s.
      God knows how much the fine is and realy wouldnt like to find out at the expense of me pride and joy.

I certaoinly would not pull the wool over those guysa eyes as ultimatly its you AND us that will suffer.
      Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

I thought they could also back-date any duty they thought was payable - i.e. if they thought you had been doing it for 2 years and they thought you had been using x litres a week then they would charge you the back-dated duty on that. And as with C&E they seemingly don't have to prove anything "innocent until proven guilty" is not a term C&E even know about - they have more powers than god.
        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Don't also forget they are now married to the taxman

What an unholy alliance !!

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
            its not just the fine as your car is likely to disappear also.

Vehicle is impounded until you pay the fine
            Stella Artois

Comment

I thought that if you were caught running red derv that they had the power to crush the vehicle?!
              Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Just adding to the confusion!

I read somewhere that it's a £500 fine for first offence, vehicle impounded for re-offenders.

Comment

Local contractor I know caught running JCB Fastrac on road with red diesel last month. Vehicle impounded -£600 fine to get it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
                    Local contractor I know caught running JCB Fastrac on road with red diesel last month. Vehicle impounded -£600 fine to get it back.

They must make the fines up!!!

Local farm was taking a load s****metal and got stopped.Cost him £250 on the spot.
                    Stella Artois

Comment

Chances that you could get your vehicle impounded, you will get
                      a fine of some discription ( no rhyme or reason to the amount )
                      you may or may not get your vehicle back again a law to them
                      selves.

Not worth the hassle, look out for the VOSA vehicles,
                      battenburged up MPV's they have the powers to stop any vehicle
                      and conduct a road side check ( used to be in conjunction with
                      Roads Policing but not now )yellow beacons bars on the roofs.

Not the nicest of people to meet on a dark night with a tank
                      of red ..
                      GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

I have heard on good authority - probably a guy down the pub - that the red dye in the duty free oil has a very tenacious quality and can stain later tankfuls of duty paid diesel. Someone with red dye in their tank may find they have to prove that the duty free diesel was never used on the road.

However heating oil, vegetable oil etc doesn't have red dye in it so you are in far less danger of being caught - unless they find a 15,000 litre tank in your back garden and you've got gas central heating.
                        Fear of death is the beginning of slavery

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Ona Bike
                          I have heard on good authority - probably a guy down the pub - that the red dye in the duty free oil has a very tenacious quality and can stain later tankfuls of duty paid diesel.
                          That is a very "Bloke in pub" kinda statement, the dye they use to stain the diesel is added in parts per million, and not many parts. Taken it with a pinch of salt rumours such as these.

Comment

it,s upto a thousand pound on the spot fine your car taken off you there and then and the tax must be back dated since you owned the car and in extreme cases prison rather stick to normal deisel
                            I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

speaking to the HMC&E fella at truckfest, they did a spot check at glastonbury festival a few weeks back.
                              if they find any suspect fuel, they get the car towed to a compound and then have a look at it whenever they feel like it, then fine you what the feel suitable and you get the car back when you've paid the fine

you have to pay the towing fee, storage costs, and the fine and he said it could be weeks before he can be bothered travelling to even have a look at the car
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X