Kzn130 auto gear change problem (1995)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CALTURBO View Post
    Thank you all so much for your replies. After doing a bit of research I've decided to have the electroylic capacitors changed in my ECU. Apparently the general rule is that most capacitors have an average lifespan of around 10 years so as my ecu looks like the original one it's done pretty good. I've managed to buy them all from Maplins, total cost £5.69 and and I've found a very competent electronics engineer to reinstall all 9 capacitors at a cost of £30. Fingers crossed this is my fix and I'll keep you posted. I've attached a photo to show all the caps being replaced in my Ecu. Thanks again for all your help
    I understand that is what the 'ECU doctor' type places do,they check the board and replace whatever needs replacing. good that you have found someone that can do it so much cheaper!
    Last edited by tashtego; 25 January 2015, 19:18.

Comment

Thank you all so much for your replies. After doing a bit of research I've decided to have the electroylic capacitors changed in my ECU. Apparently the general rule is that most capacitors have an average lifespan of around 10 years so as my ecu looks like the original one it's done pretty good. I've managed to buy them all from Maplins, total cost £5.69 and and I've found a very competent electronics engineer to reinstall all 9 capacitors at a cost of £30. Fingers crossed this is my fix and I'll keep you posted. I've attached a photo to show all the caps being replaced in my Ecu. Thanks again for all your help
      well i hope that sorts out your problem . your lucky to have a good electronics engineer to hand .saved your self at least 100 pound i would say.well done fingers crossed
      4x4s get you where others fear to tread

Comment

All i did was jump on Google and find a local tv engineer. Most of these guys are pretty damn good at fixing electronic boards. The local guy I found told me it was a piece of cake for him!! I fact I recon any competent tv/video repair guy could do this. And bearing in mind the ECU is a very primitive type of design, I think this helps to. Maybe a newer type of ecu maybe much more involving and maybe unfixable in this way. If this works my total cost is 35.69

Comment

All i did was jump on Google and find a local tv engineer. Most of these guys are pretty damn good at fixing electronic boards. The local guy I found told me it was a piece of cake for him!! I fact I recon any competent tv/video repair guy could do this. And bearing in mind the ECU is a very primitive type of design, I think this helps to. Maybe a newer type of ecu maybe much more involving and maybe unfixable in this way. If this works my total cost is 35.69
          nice one will bear that in mind should i have any more problems
          4x4s get you where others fear to tread

Comment

Ecu back in and all good!!

Just an update. Finally Managed to swing by and pick up my ecu from the electronics Man. Fitted today and all good and I now have o/d again!! Wicked, really happy with the outcome. Also could be my imagination but seems to be starting better to:-) will be changing my gearbox oil soon as it could do with a refresh. Thanks again for Al your help!! Thanks Darren.

Comment

Working...
            X