No announcement yet.

Lexurf XII Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel for you deviousd, we only got knocked for a £150 wiring loom from the professor that never worked, we tried emails and messages but gave up in the end.
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Cheers guys.

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
      I wouldn't hand over that amount of money without being on top of the project, would you?
      Perhaps I shouldn't have given extra payments but with his kid being ill and he was in a tough spot I probably put too much trust in him. I'm only human, so live and learn I guess.

Comment

I do actually feel sorry for you, and whatever problems Vince has, running and hiding from them is not going to help.
        But you called me out as a troll in your post and I didn't want to disappoint.
        Last edited by slobodan; 29 January 2015, 23:38.
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

But you called me out as a troll in your post and I didn't want to disappoint.
          Fair enough. I suppose I did ask for it!

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't see a happy ending for you.
            But most of the hard work is done.
            You now need to get all the niggly bits sorted, keep a smile on your face and look forward to enjoying your truck.
            At least you have saved Stormforce some money.

Comment

You now need to get all the niggly bits sorted, keep a smile on your face and look forward to enjoying your truck.

Comment

Oh it's been a terrible experience but my main goal for posting this was to just bring it to everyone's attention and keep the community aware of it.
                I just don't want this to happen to anyone else most of all and couldn't let it blow over.

The main thing is I have my truck back and I can now get back to fixing it, but if you have nobody to help you after getting this done you're pretty screwed!

She runs OK now and has taken a huge amount of work to get it right but I have a bumper sort of bolted on at the moment which is just held on roughly so I can have brackets sorted.
                Have even been able to treat myself to a roofrack, and lightbars so it's starting to look how I want it from a distance (got the idea from CALTURBO), it's just up close it looks shocking at the minute but in time it will improve!

Roof rack is a rhino one off a fiat doblo or something? Bolts to thule roof bars and a lightbar off ebay which is working brilliantly.

Top Lightbar - eBay Link
                Bumper Lightbar
                Rear Reversing Spots
                They look built to a good standard and are cheap and put out crazy light, i'll try get a pic someday.

Next on the list is the fuel problem in the tank which needs dropping but i'll probably post things as I do them on here

Comment

How the mighty fall...

Funny how the internet allows for these artificial 'personas' to be created and then it masters their downfall too. BW, the keyboard 'swashbuckler'...from the safety of his PC he had 'carte blanche' to flame newbies for not knowing the 'forum etiquette' , insulting people who couldn't spell, calling everyone on here 'troglodytes'...the 'perfectionist' who never took shortcuts...and now to hear all this...quite sad really.

In front of our Mac we all look like Brad Pitt and have the brains of Prof Hawkins...only that we don't.

On a couple of occasions in the past I had the audacity to object to some of his bullying on here but I was quickly castigated. Not by the man himself, funny enough, but by some of his minions, the crowd of happy 'clappy' cheerleaders that used to follow all his posts, hoping for at least a nodding look of appreciation from the master.

Still BW was on a good day very helpful, I myself benefited (and still do, well, before he deletes them all that is!) from many of his excellent technical threads.

Hopefully this thread will change the forum a little bit. Would be good to see the gratuitous p*** taking and private jokes replaced by helpful replies. Even if you can't spell. And for the forum to become a more chilled and lighthearted place.

Attitudes are already changing: see how Slobodan quickly changed his tune after his first post on this thread, following Yoshie's comment.
                  All it takes is a few influential people to keep things calm and relaxed, while still providing the technical knowledge. 'A la TonyN', sort of thing.

Have a great weekend everyone.
                  Last edited by tashtego; 30 January 2015, 09:00.

Comment

Thanks for that post tashtego.

Still BW was on a good day very helpful, I myself benefited (and still do, well, before he deletes them all that is!) from many of his excellent technical threads.
                    I agree on his day Bushwhacker is a very helpful guy and I too have used some form of tips/guides of his to help me fix my truck. I just wouldn't want him near my truck ever again!

Hopefully this thread will change the forum a little bit. Would be good to see the gratuitous p*** taking and private jokes replaced by helpful replies. Even if you can't spell. And for the forum to become a more chilled and lighthearted place.
                    It would be good. Now you mention it the community does seem to be a bit weak here. Looking from the outside in it isn't very inviting and the inside joking doesn't help with new guys as they will just be insulted and go elsewhere or browse anonymously. Under those conditions the community will just shrink and disappear instead of thrive like it should be.

On a couple of occasions in the past I had the audacity to object to some of his bullying on here but I was quickly castigated. Not by the man himself, funny enough, but by some of his minions, the crowd of happy 'clappy' cheerleaders that used to follow all his posts, hoping for at least a nodding look of appreciation from the master.
                    Ha i know exactly what you mean. It's all good seeing the praise with his nice pictures but then at the end of the day they aren't or most aren't giving him money to work on their truck so it gives a false review. It's easy to make photos look good, I mean check my last post with my picture of the truck it looks nice but when you look close its an utter shit heap right now needing a lot of work still.

Comment

I'm scared of anyone that's bald and drives an Audi.

Comment

I'm scared of anyone that's bald and drives an Audi.
                        Cheeky fecer am grey, not bald!

You might innocent and where referring to someone else of course.
                        Brian

Comment

Sorry Brian, I meant it in a Jason Statham sort of way.

Comment

How do you find the light bars as one or two reviews of the cheaper ones have said the water proofing could be better. Does the bumper one restrict air flow to the rad like most other spots that are bumper mounted do??
                            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

They seem OK so far. Only had them on a couple of weeks so hard to tell but the build quality looks good and no water behind the lens at all. they are rated IP67. Will be interesting to see how it lasts over a few months so will keep you updated!

The bumper one does restrict air flow but i've had no temperature issues with it although I do wish I had better intake at the front to compensate. The 2inch body lift and no rubber covers in the front wheel arches seem to be enough to keep it a good temperature. Perhaps in the hotter days it might need better cooling.

Comment

I will look forward to your opinions on them as i am looking to get similar.
                                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
                                X