Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel tank breather?

Hi everyone,
    I've tried searching the forums for the location of the fuel tank breather on a 92, Manual 2.4 Surf. Is the breather located in the filler cap or is it somewhere along the filler pipe?, I opened the filler cap yesterday and almost got sucked into the tank, huge vacum, is this normal? I've also noticed that on start up the revs fluctuate up and down from 700rpm to 1000rpm would a blocked breather give these symtoms.

Dunno about the symptoms but the breather is right on top of the tank, i get the pressure in the tank and the hiss when i take the filler cap off but it doesn't seem to have caused any problems so far. The breather pipe exits down the drivers side of the tank towards the rear, you should be able to find this and then feel it back to the tank. I will sort it one day but for now it doesn't seem to cause problems, so sometime over the summer when i'm bored i'll give it a bash, but i have a feeling it'll require dropping the tank.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Yup, I get the vacuum hiss when I take the fuel cap off at emty, but as you say Ian, it doesn't seem to cause any probs at the moment, fingers crossed.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
      X