Pre-heat/glow plugs timer question for 92 2.4 turbo D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Nev

Done two 100 mile runs up and down the A55 over the weekend to Anglesey. I took it easy (60) on the way there (still building up trust in it again) and then went a bit faster (70) on the way back.
    I've done a code test and I still get 'Normal', which is great.

I still have my startup problem, which is that it doesn't really want to be driven till you've let it settle for 30 secs and will miss and emit black smoke if you rev it up. However as I've said already, it seems fine after that.

My only further issue is black smoke when accelerating. This is a little annoying and I've read extensively about that on this site.
    I've seen a large discussion about the pump adjusting screw and I was wondering if it would be worthwhile turning it down (anti-clockwise) a little to see if this helps with my starting and smoke problems. Everyone seems to be turning the pump up (clockwise).
    I've tried to pull and twist my 'thimble' cover with my fingers, but its stuck firm and would need pliers to try and shift it. I guess that means its not been touched before.

I'm not saying my running smoke problems are excessive, but they seem a little OTT, but that might just be my touchy feelyness being upset.

This is my first ever diesel car.

Cheers... Rob.
    Red to Red, Black to Black, Blue to bits!

Comment

change the fuekl filter and fill it with atf before refitting.swith o/d and ect off and then drive the truck like you stole it,then see what its like after that.Put some atf in the fuel tank every so often also just to clean the complete fuel system through.If you don't want to use atf then redex will do
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
      X