Fitting a Rover V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joker??
    give me a figure and i'll see what i can do , send me a cheque to muhameed elfayed c/o buckingham palace
    Nigerian ebay scammer
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

sd1 engine in my surf

Hi guys. I was going to put a ford 302 small block engine in my surf as i work on mustangs for a living i could get many parts but i have since found a rover v8 engine out of a sd1 with su carbs so no ecu to mess around with. I know some on here have done this conversion and i was hoping some of you have pictures of what you done to make this work or advise. I want to keep my manual 5 speed 4 wheel drive box so do i change the bellhousing or is it a conversion plate i need. Many thanks for you help and no doubt i will need more lol

Comment

Originally posted by jim mac View Post
        Hi guys. I was going to put a ford 302 small block engine in my surf as i work on mustangs for a living i could get many parts but i have since found a rover v8 engine out of a sd1 with su carbs so no ecu to mess around with. I know some on here have done this conversion and i was hoping some of you have pictures of what you done to make this work or advise. I want to keep my manual 5 speed 4 wheel drive box so do i change the bellhousing or is it a conversion plate i need. Many thanks for you help and no doubt i will need more lol
        You can buy a full kit off ebay to use the Toyota manual gearbox to Rover V8
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Carbed SD1 engine is like 150bhp and wont be any good on MPG so why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by popuptoaster View Post
            Carbed SD1 engine is like 150bhp and wont be any good on MPG so why bother?
            Because he can ?

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
              Because he can ?
              The best and only reason required for any bodging
              Brian

Comment

I'm not questioning a persons right to do whatever they like with their truck, however when i had a Rv8 in an old kit car almost everyone who mentioned was surprised how little power they make so it is common for people to assume its worth doing, when in actual fact they are low powered and use a fair bit of juice.

They cost quite a lot to buy, cost a shit load to tune are quite wide and dont have many decent options for manual gearboxes.

On the plus side they are reasonably light and they sound nice.

Back when there were Rovers laying about in scrappies and the engines were dirt cheap and you don't have many other options they made sense to swop in.

These days there are better, cheaper options so wondered if there were other reasons other than he has one laying around.

Comment

Originally posted by jim mac View Post
                  Well?
                  Brian

Comment

Lucifer had the sd1 v8 fitted and running on 44's and there was power there ok.
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                    X