Another Surf struggling to start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberlux View Post
    Glad it's sorted. Nothing worse than getting to the truck and she struggles to fire up. Especially when the misses sits next to you and asks you why you spend their money on a broken truck. My case anyways....
    haha yeah, I get the grief slightly differently, for me its more like "you better get this thing sorted so I can take the horse out next weekend"....

Comment

yep, suspected broken diaphragm in mine too
      just had the glow plugs bench tested and theyre fine so next up new diaphragm!
      it takes about 10 secs to start now and the pump on the filter housing never gets tight!
      4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Comment

Just had six months of my surf not starting. In the end the ecu seems to have packed in but it was not helped by an intermittent 12v ignition supply from a loose relay. Of course being the ssrx that ecu was like the Golden Fleece to find. All happy now.

Comment

ecu

the ECU Doctor, fixed my ECU as I couldn't find a replacement

Comment

I have my old ecu if it is of any use to someone. Free + postage

Comment

Well.... I think mine is just a dud. Put the new filter primer on and it works great but the truck still won't start for 10 seconds. I'm guessing maybe bad compression
              ?
              4yrs and 2 surfs later...

Comment

Would love to take your ECU if you are willing. Could you PM me the Toyota part number on it so I can compare to mine?
                Thanks

edit: I guess that I can't receive PM's anymore, so please email me at bobhdj at hotmail dot com

Originally posted by voituer View Post
                I have my old ecu if it is of any use to someone. Free + postage
                Last edited by BeratE; 3 December 2014, 01:47.

Comment

Does anyone know Voituer? I would really like to get this ECU from him

Comment

Working...
                  X