• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the verdict then Andy?
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
      Whats the verdict then Andy?
      Nuffin yet Mark, been too busy earning money to pay for the bits. I'm going to replace the down pipe first tomorrow and test, then if need be the exhaust manifold and turbo gaskets, then if it's still shit, I'll be after a manifold.....busy day in the shed tomorrow.
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Andy TonyN Has bought a 3rd gen breaker which was rolled.He won't be touching it for a couple of weeks so may be worth giving him a ring and booking some parts.I spoke to him yesterday about it
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Tomorrow has been set aside to attack the Surf, and take the exhaust manifold off, replace the gasket, down pipe and check the manifold over for cracks.

I'll be replacing the glow plugs too while everything is out of the way, and since I've never removed an exhaust manifold before, who wants to start the bidding on how many bits I'll have left over when I've 'finished'?

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            Andy TonyN Has bought a 3rd gen breaker which was rolled.He won't be touching it for a couple of weeks so may be worth giving him a ring and booking some parts.I spoke to him yesterday about it
            Cheers Rich, I'll have to dig out his number and give him a call.

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
              Tomorrow has been set aside to attack the Surf, and take the exhaust manifold off, replace the gasket, down pipe and check the manifold over for cracks.

I'll be replacing the glow plugs too while everything is out of the way, and since I've never removed an exhaust manifold before, who wants to start the bidding on how many bits I'll have left over when I've 'finished'?
              I'll start, 3 x corroded nuts with snapped studs attached.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Get it hot before you try to remove the bolts!
                If you've already started then err good luck......
                Put a straight edge across the manifold gasket face when you get it off to check if it's warped, I taped a bit of emery cloth to a piece of plate glass and just flatted mine off when I had it removed. ( it was actually quite good anyway)
                While you've got it all apart have a good look around, you might find something else split or damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbslc View Post
                  Get it hot before you try to remove the bolts!
                  If you've already started then err good luck......
                  Put a straight edge across the manifold gasket face when you get it off to check if it's warped, I taped a bit of emery cloth to a piece of plate glass and just flatted mine off when I had it removed. ( it was actually quite good anyway)
                  While you've got it all apart have a good look around, you might find something else split or damaged.
                  That's excellent advice, thank you. I'll get some gloves and get it nice and warm first, and get the blow torch ready if I need to heat anything else up, and check to see if it's straight.

I'm going in, wish me luck!

Comment

########!

The manifold is cracked, 2nd outlet from the LHS looking from the drivers side, about 7".......time to heat up the bolts, take it off and wait for a replacement...

That means no truck till the new year probably.

Comment

########!

The manifold is cracked, 2nd outlet from the LHS looking from the drivers side, about 7".......time to heat up the bolts, take it off and wait for a replacement...

That means no truck till the new year probably.
                      Andy if you have trouble getting an exhaust manifold i have one down here,still attached to an engine, Let me know bud.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Andy if you have trouble getting an exhaust manifold i have one down here,still attached to an engine, Let me know bud.
                        Mark, I could snog you! Let me know what you want for it and when you can get it here - I had one lined up with a breaker but he's not responding to calls, I think he finished for Christmas last week.....

Nina will be please, and I'll be able to get her truck off the ramp so I can get mine on it before the MOT next month

Comment

Mark, I could snog you! Let me know what you want for it and when you can get it here - I had one lined up with a breaker but he's not responding to calls, I think he finished for Christmas last week.....

Nina will be please, and I'll be able to get her truck off the ramp so I can get mine on it before the MOT next month
                          Doh. You've done it now, wait for the (oh how queer) comments to come rattling in.

Three ways of doing this Andy. One I take manifold off and deliver it. Only charge would be fuel.
                          2. I take manifold off and you maybe get it other side of the new year after the couriers loose it ten times. (Would have to charge you for postage)
                          3. I take it off and leave it down the workshop and you come and collect.

Either way I don't want anything for the manifold, I owe you for last time.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Or there is this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/94-2000-TO...item3a9cf16155
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

cheers Mark, How are you fixed for coming up to Warwickshire?

Don't suppose you've got the turbo oil run off pipe, rubber one too have you?
                              Last edited by MudSurfer; 20 December 2014, 15:40.

Comment

cheers Mark, How are you fixed for coming up to Warwickshire?

Don't suppose you've got the turbo oil run off pipe, rubber one too have you?
                                I should have the whole thing.? I could be persuaded into a little road trip. I might be able to come up tomorrow if that helps.
                                Last edited by surfenstein; 20 December 2014, 16:27.
                                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X