Windscreen Part Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Part Number

While driving home on Monday I heard a loud crack and ricochet (I'm not kidding). I have a creeping crack in the windscreen that started just behind the rear view mirror.
    I rang the insurers and was put through to the nice young lady at Auto**ass. I felt that she had not asked me enough questions re: make model etc, but she said, "1992 Toyota Hilux Surf is all the detail we need."
    The Auto**ass guy turned up yesterday and said, "Oh, it's not a pickup - bu**er, Iv'e got the wrong windscreen."
    I was sleeping off nights, so I didn't speak to the guy myself.
    Just in case there are any problems today, could someone give me the Toyota Part No for a 2nd Gen (LN130) windscreen. The crack has grown from 4" on Tuesday, 6" on Wednesday and 8" today. If it's not changed soon I could end up with it on my lap as I drive to work!!!!
    Thanx
    It's only a hobby!

This should be it, Part No. 56111-89148 -
    Attached Files
    Last edited by whippet; 15 April 2004, 11:36.
    Never argue with an idiot... they drag you down to their level - then beat you with experience!!

Comment

your lucky i nearly got a hiace windscreen. quote toyota 4runner same year & they'll sort it. otherwise you'll have to wait till toyota source one from japan i had to wait 3 weeks for mine. also the chrome trim will get destroyed as they remove the old one so be wary
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

I went to bed yesterday morning, safe in the knowlege that I would wake up in the afternoon and my new windscreen would be fitted. When I woke up Mrs Kitesurf informed me that Auto**ass had phoned to say that they will now fit it on Saturday at 1.30PM as they have had to order it. I'm just glad that I only have to pay £60 excess.

Thanks for the part No Whippet. Marky, you have really cheered me up!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X