Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan belt change

Hi to all!
    Recently had my 2.4td Surf serviced and a weak after the fan belts are screaching like a pig been slaughtered. I know I can purchase these at £5/each for the pair of them but don't know what a reasonable cost is to have them fitted. Anyone had this done recently or know if its a job one can do easily enough.thanks....

Originally posted by saffersurfer
    Hi to all!
    Recently had my 2.4td Surf serviced and a weak after the fan belts are screaching like a pig been slaughtered. I know I can purchase these at £5/each for the pair of them but don't know what a reasonable cost is to have them fitted. Anyone had this done recently or know if its a job one can do easily enough.thanks....
    You can do this yourself if you don't mind getting dirty and scratched. It's not too difficult just a bit of a squeeze.

You may find that the belts don't need replacing, the pulleys themselves may have dirt or burnt rubber stuck to them so that they can't grip. Often this happens and when they are changed no-one bothers to clean the pulleys.

Cheers

Comment

ok so how do I go about changing the fan belts... not in my Haynes manual ....

bear in mind I dont even know where these are yet but they are a little noisy and i bugs me. I onlly know it has 2 as I was given 2 new ones from Milners when I bought the car

Cheers
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

bump
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
        X