yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horn beeps when key button locked twice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn beeps when key button locked twice?

Not sure if my 96 SSRX Surf has an alarm, but when I press the lock button on the key a second time the horn gives a short beep and the doors clunk shut again. Is this a factory fitted thing?

Mine does the same thing,but never worked out if it's an alarm or not.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyhicks
      Not sure if my 96 SSRX Surf has an alarm, but when I press the lock button on the key a second time the horn gives a short beep and the doors clunk shut again. Is this a factory fitted thing?
      Button on key ??? Not fair! Why hasn't my '96 got one

Doors clunk shut again ? sounds like dead locking, try opening the door from the inside after pressing the button the second time (does the first press lock the door?) If you can't open it then from the inside, you've activated deadlocks!!
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyhicks
        Its the deadlocks, and alarm coming in
        Keith
        I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

After activating the deadlocks rock the truck and switch the interior light on and off. This will set the alarm off. You can then amuse yourself and the neighbours, while you work out how to cancel it!
          Isn't life fun?
          I think I'm bed. Better go to drunk now
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

No alarm, no deadlocks. Looked for these when I got it in July '03. I have got the buttons on my key and my horn toots if I press to lock a second time. I just assumed it confirms that you've locked it if you were too far away from the vehicle to hear the locks lock.

Comment

Working...
            X