Surf blow-by problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf blow-by problem

Just noticed that when I remove the dipstick when surf is running there is smoke coming from it , also when I undo oil cap on engine , which I am not happy aboard yet the car drives well , a little lumpy until heated up , just wondering if that would be the cause for poor idle and black smoke , if its pistons related is it a new engine needed , advice would be much apprenticeship , thanks

valve seals and or rings
    the old git

Comment

which engine ?
      i would compression test it and get an idea of the condition the engine is in.

Comment

Its a 3ltr diesel manual , 1993

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much, after all it's what 22 years old, like mine and you should see the $hit that come out near everywhere, like your it's ok after starting but smoke is still present if I remove the cap or the stick
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Agree with popeye, dont stress and dont over analyse everything.
            Сви можемо

Comment

I am just worried its going ruin my engine , as I said it drives really well doesn't use any oil , no leaks etc , this is my first ever surf and its annoying knowing what's happening under the hood , apart from that I am delighted with the surf for comfort etc etc etc , hopefully it will last me a while

Comment

Re: Blowby Problem

Hello. Just a quick reply to your problem. Take yourRocker top cover off and let it settle for 24 hrs in a degraser because most probably your breather is full of gunk inside which you cannot access to clean it up properly

After 24 hrs soaking. Give it a good wash with a power washer, let it settle to dry and you can paint it any colour you like. I am saying this because I experienced this terrible nightmare. I thought I had to recon the engine for this problem which is a good chunk of money which I cannot afford.

Try it and let me know your results

Regards
                Clinton

Comment

Thanks Clinton I will let you know , I have to remove my cylinder head to rebore my injector but I may as well try that also

Comment

Re: Blowby Problem

Hello there.. what u are trying to do is what was going to do to my self . But please let me know your results

Regards

Clinton

Comment

Working...
                    X