fuel filter O ring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel filter O ring question

While driving up the motorway the other day I noticed white smoke (diesel fuel running onto the exhaust) behind the surf, pulled over and found the rubber O ring at the bottom of the fuel filter had pushed out of the side again.
    The O ring is the one at the bottom of the filter; this has happened twice now and wondered if anyone else had had this problem? Both times it’s been on long motorway runs. It’s as if the O ring expands and pushes its self out of the gap between the filter and the plastic bottom bit with the water tap.
    Any ideas why this is happening?

The short answer is no, and I do the filter changes myself which leaves pleanty of opertunity for things to go wrong.
    What filters are you using, cause Milners always suply a new O ring with the filter.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
      The short answer is no, and I do the filter changes myself which leaves pleanty of opertunity for things to go wrong.
      What filters are you using, cause Milners always suply a new O ring with the filter.
      Been using the Milner filters (as they are only just up the road) and new O ring each time. the only thing I can think of is that I could be overtightening it, then when it gets warm on a good run it just has no room to expand. Had a good look at the plastic bottom bit and it looks nice and flat so going to put it down to my big fat fingers.

Comment

Working...
      X