No announcement yet.

my surf v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it does seem a bit better but still no exhaust on, welder just ran out of gas typical. going to get it mot'ed next week hopefully once the exhaust is sorted and change those anti roll bar 'spacers....' for some thick lumps of ally I just got

Comment

Cool. Weird that it's definitely got the speed improvement, then.

BTW...if you want to replace your holy chrome bumper...I've got one going cheap

Comment

a year and a half on and its still not done haha, just teething problems

Comment

I'm seriously tempted to do this with mine. Whereabouts in County Durham are you? If you were OK with it I'd love to have a look some time to gauge just how much work the conversion takes.

Dave

Comment

got my lump in october.
            only got as far as striping the engine and tarting it up a bit so far.
            oh,and the endless amounts of new parts,gaskets ,o-rings,etc.
            christ,they all add up,don't they.

Comment

Yours is a little more than just"tarting it up a little" dude
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

nah, jet wash and a lick of paint,

Comment

its working and driving as a manual but Ive got no 2nd gear (had to unplug solenoids), its either a dodgy electrical issue somewhere or one of the solenoids isnt working

when the solenoids are plugged in it only stays in first gear or it will occasional change but then go back to 1st

also I think its safe to say my neighbors hate me for waking them up at 6am with v8 rumbleness when I go to work

also its getting 6mpg

Comment

Always thought that neighbours are only there to be woken up and annoyed by V8's, lol.
                    6 to the gallon sounds great, fit a bigger fuel tank, problem solved!

Comment

• 3rd generation got the fuel tank opposite side as the second generation, might can be done something to increase the range.
                      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

• these low mpg figures are baffling to me.
                        does look sweet,though.

Comment

• 6mpg!!!! Jesus.

Sounds amazing though

Comment

• ok so my reverse lights arnt working which could be the problem to my gear shifting woes, where should I start

where does the original reverse signal come from and does it go through the ecu?

Comment

• he only time I wish I had front torsion bars instead of coil struts!

Loads more room!!
                              More Lift.
                              More Tyres.
                              More Engine.

Comment

• my one was doing the same thing i think it was do to ecu going down as i first had a bad earth on ecu wiring stopping it fire up

Comment

Working...
                                X