yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help !!!- rear anti roll bar link snapped!...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help !!!- rear anti roll bar link snapped!...

just snapped long bolt on one of rear anti roll bar links when i was tightening up nut on top as bushing stack loose..
    i had already drilled off nut on otherside as that seized and fitted new nut OK

it measures 14mm from centre of balljoint (bottom) to 1st washer at top
    does anyone know if the milners ones will be ok - as I know people found theres too short for front anti-roll bar link,

vehicle is UK 4runner 2nd gen 1995, 3.0 TD - KZN130

wonder if driving without a propshaft cuased them to loosen off

andy
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Hi mate,

Snapped mine at the weekend too!

Got a couple of new ones from Milners for around £40, seem to fit fine. Toyota wanted £110 + Vat for them

I don't think being slightly shorter makes any real difference.

Had a lot of grief with the ball joint end too when removing the old ones. Even when I had an allen key and spanner on them couldn't get them to budge, so ended up sawing the nut off... Got there in the end.

Good luck.
    Last edited by paulc; 10 May 2005, 08:44.

Comment

cheers paul

ive just been sawing the nut off too.... cant get enought leverage on a piddly allen key
      given up for now...
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

Yeh, it's a real pain. I think it's about time I purchared a grinder

Comment

having given-up on sawing and drilling though the offending bolt,
          bought an angle grinder today , got through both sides in 3 mins!
          after spending an hour last night trying to undo the darn thing

i had previously borrowed a friends grinder - but thats no use when you realize you need one 1/2 way through the job

should have new links from milners tomorrow
          Landcruiser Colorado
          Sub. Forester

Comment

got new links today - but no bushes or washers with them, and they came with no nuts for threaded end where bushes would go!, went to a place with zillions of nuts/bolts on way home, none of their metric or UNF nuts fitted, wrong thread pitch...
            but i found some in garage.
            getting in touch with milners as im sure the links should come with bushes, they said so on phone.

couldnt use original nuts as one drilled out and they are a lot smaller anyway.

on a positive note, the links seem better desgined, larger allen socket hole and
            but, i havent checked to see if it fits anti-roll bar yet... better get out to garage
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

The allen hole design thing is very bad - surely there is a better way if only they bothered, but then again they dont care as its a real money earner for main dealer garages to..... eh.... you know ...... somethin

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
                got new links today - but no bushes or washers with them, and they came with no nuts for threaded end where bushes would go!, went to a place with zillions of nuts/bolts on way home, none of their metric or UNF nuts fitted, wrong thread pitch...
                but i found some in garage.
                getting in touch with milners as im sure the links should come with bushes, they said so on phone.

couldnt use original nuts as one drilled out and they are a lot smaller anyway.

on a positive note, the links seem better desgined, larger allen socket hole and
                but, i havent checked to see if it fits anti-roll bar yet... better get out to garage

That's bit poor. I think I had to ask for the bushes, but the nut ought to come with the links.

Comment

good service from Milners

A package sent 12 hr delivery just plopped on my desk - with bush kit and retaining nuts. Charged about £10 for it including VAT and delivery
                  i only sent them the email yesterday mid-afternoon!
                  explaining the ommission of the bush-kit in order

good service
                  Landcruiser Colorado
                  Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
                  X