Grease my anti roll bar mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease my anti roll bar mounts

I want to grease my anti roll bar mounts on the axle as advised to ages ago to possibly cure a squeek. The squeek stopped for a while, but now it's back and seems to be getting worse. The trouble is I wouldn't know what my anti roll bar was if it was stuck up my ar*e!

Apologies for being so ignorant of these things but could anyone send a picture of the anti roll bar mounts that I should try greasing? Also are these greased directly or through a grease nipple? I've had a good look underneath and as I mentioned in a previous post, I don't seem to have any grease nipples anywhere. Am I blind?

While I'm on can anyone suggest a maintenance book for the Surf with nice big pictures!?

Thanks again.

Sorry, no pics but -- Front and rear anti roll bars are both roughly U shaped bits of 1" (ish) diameter metal connected to:-
    Rear - the body at the ends and the rear axle in the middle
    Front - the chassis rails in the middle and the front suspension at the ends.

The middle of both bars goes through two rubber (or nylon) bushes and it's often these that squeak. You need to unbolt the clamp and loosen the bush (it's got a split in it) to get grease in
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

One is a view from underneath and the other is self explainitary. Just follow bar from wheel arch and all will become clear.
      Attached Files
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

A note of caution. Make sure you apply some loctite (242 or 222) (or nail polish) to the threads of the bolts holding the clamps of the Anti Sway Bar on or they may vibrate/work themselve out. I had this happen to me. I've now Loctited then and Lockwired them. Also a good idea to do this to the bolts holding the rear shocks on, I've had one of these work itself loose also.
        Last edited by maverick_sr71; 26 June 2005, 10:12.
        Pete. R.
        93 SSRG
        1KZ-TE
        Canberra
        Australia
        [IMG]http://au.geocities.com/maverick_asraam/pictures_files/100_3790.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
        X