Pump removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump removal

I have been having problems with my hilux not revving more than 1500rpm. Long story short tried to remove the pump, it just wouldn't release off the tapered shaft. I made this puller up took about an hour and half. Released the pump easily and in a few minutes. Hope this might help others. Got the design from another website.

Well done! I'm sure it will benefit someone else in the near future.

Comment

Hi Mike,

Have to make one of these up after the pump started leaking. Don't know if I am being stupid but can't see any pictures of your tool (bad wording I know)!

Do you remember what pitch the holes are and what thread size?

Cheers,

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzy G View Post
        Hi Mike,

Have to make one of these up after the pump started leaking. Don't know if I am being stupid but can't see any pictures of your tool (bad wording I know)!

Do you remember what pitch the holes are and what thread size?

Cheers,

Geoff
        Hi Geoff

I can't remember, however I marked them out using the pump pulley as a template rather than scribing a circle with dividers. Then using a centre punch through the holes on the pump pulley, marked the centre of the holes. Hope that makes sense. If you weren't so far away you would be welcome to use mine.

Not sure why you can't see the pictures.

Look at this site. This is where I copied the idea from

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1kz-.../#post-7132565
        Last edited by diysurgeon; 6 November 2014, 21:00.

Comment

thanks for the reply.

I can see the pictures when using my phone but not the pc?! Weird.

using the pulley as a template makes sense.

Don't have much time to get a tool made up, so I found a reasonably priced puller kit on amazon that looks like it will do the job, fir under a tenner. I am gonna give it a go and if I works I will post a link for others.

Seems to be a lot of leaking fuel pumps out there!

Comment

Working...
          X