Central locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking

HI there, not been on for a bit, been ill. Anyways, seems that after having the surf laid up for a week or so the central locking is playing up. I have a delay from when the drivers door unlocks till the other doors unlock. I presume something is sticking but don't want to rip too much apart till I know the correct place to look. Also I can lock/unlock from the switch on the drivers door inside. All help gratefully received
    Last edited by rickus; 20 September 2014, 23:40.

no one has any ideas?

Comment

Could just be a symptom of the layup and may go away with usage.

How long a delay are we talking?
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Well now it doesn't work off the key at all, even though I been using it everyday since I first posted so I think its more than just the lay up causing problems. No matter, seems no-one knows anything about it so ill just rip the door apart and see what I find. Thx for replying matey.

Comment

Put your battery on charge. I have seen this exact thing on my vehicle when I have been away for awhile and returned to drive the car. It starts, but to fix the problem, I have had to "top-up" the battery on a charger. Worth a try!

Comment

While you have the door card off to have a look you might also want to have a look at the door wiring loom.
            Could possibly have a break in the loom.
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

In reply to both, seems weird when it locks/unlocks from the button on the drivers armrest. That makes me think there is enough power to do it and that theres not a break in the wire. Is there a wire from the lock to the armrest switch, or does the wire from the lock go straight to the relay? I will order a manual I think maybe of some help here, but im not too good with wiring diagrams.

Comment

Could be dodgy contacts in the door control switch gear, the one built into the armrest.
                The contacts in mine were pretty scabby, a clean up of the pitted surfaces worked for a while.
                But I eventually got a replacement.
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                X