Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leak from front of engine

Hi All,

I'm a new owner and mechanical idiot. After 3 months of continuous use my 91 2.4d has developed a water leak. The water appears to come from the front of the engine low down behind the radiator. It's not from the radiator, but definately the front of the engine.

I read through some of the back articles in the forum and I was wondering if it is the water pump. Can anyone confirm that this is the location of the water pump?

Any other suggestions? It's not losing a lot of water, but it does look like it's getting worse all the time.

Thanks.

yes it sounds like your water pump,bring it to a garage and get them to confirm its the water pump.if it is the water pump it might be worth getting your timing belt changed at the same time becuase they will have to take off the timing cover anyway to change the water pump.there is also 2 water hoses running across the front of the timing cover,they could be leaking aswell.did you check to see if it was coming out of the radiator cap?

Comment

Thanks Kev. I'll check to see if the hoses are leaking. There's nothing from the radiator cap.

Good advice on the timing belt, but unfortunately I got it done last month! If only I'd known...

Comment

It's not the air con is it?

When you use this, you will notice a small amount of condensation draining off from the bottom of the engine block (appears to anyway).

Nearly crapped myself when I first saw this!

Comment

Working...
        X