where is my anti roll bar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is my anti roll bar ?

Anyone got a pic of what im looking for under the surf , to find my anti roll bar ? , found the front one cos its got bright orange bushes from milners on it , but I still have a thump noise from the rear , so though I better check that rear anti roll bar , but dont know where to start.... Will someone crawl under with a digi cam for me ? , or let me know and I will go and take a shot and you can circle it in red with big arrows to it .... Cheers

Mechanically a dunce !!
    http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Roll bar

Hi SparX

Ive put some blobbs on it for you.

Geoff.
    Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
      Hi SparX

Ive put some blobbs on it for you.

Geoff.
      Ahhh Ok ... so where would the offending bushes be ?

or indeed , what would be making the thud / clang ?

thanks for the pic !

Comment

Originally posted by SparX
        Ahhh Ok ... so where would the offending bushes be ?

or indeed , what would be making the thud / clang ?

thanks for the pic !
        Arrowed
        Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
          Arrowed
          Cheers pal , I thought it was those but wanted to check , so if one or more of those are worn , broken / perished ! would that cause some noisy bangs and things ?

Comment

What you need is a fat git to stand on your rear step and rock the truck, while you roll around underneath. I was lucky enough to have a brave (skinny) neighbour roll under mine. while i (15.5st ) rocked this way and that. He even told me to put the motor in drive, start up and rock back an forth. We found the clunk. Mine was on the front though!!!
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

talking of anti roll bars why do some people remove um,is it for better axle travel off road or what.the rear ones .

Comment

springs

geoff look at the colour of your springs m8 wowwwwwwwwww lol
                black n tan
                black n tan
                yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by mick b
                  talking of anti roll bars why do some people remove um,is it for better axle travel off road or what.the rear ones .
                  yeah, so that as one wheel drops, it doesn't try taking the other with it.

i.e. if you're going up a slope with one wheel and down with the other, normally after the point maximum flex on the roll bar the wheel going down will lift off the ground (as seen in my avatar pic)and you will lose drive on the front axle. take the roll bar off and there is much more available articulation between the 2.
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                    What you need is a fat git to stand on your rear step and rock the truck, while you roll around underneath. I was lucky enough to have a brave (skinny) neighbour roll under mine. while i (15.5st ) rocked this way and that. He even told me to put the motor in drive, start up and rock back an forth. We found the clunk. Mine was on the front though!!!
                    I still have that clunck after stopping and then releasing the brakes. What was clunking on yours ?
                    Mart

......surf's up pal!

Comment

Working...
                    X