Help Help Help Req Wiring Diagram 1991 Deisel Efi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Help Help Req Wiring Diagram 1991 Deisel Efi

hi there, after buying an imported hilux surf from a dealer who disguised a damaged radiator by putting carpet inside to stop the leaks, we have a £4000 garage bill... but the work has come to a standstill as noone can find an engine management electrical wiring diagram for this car.... can anyone help?

toyota hi lux surf 1991 efi turbo deisel 2.5litre

vin chassis number LN1300079378

if anyone can help, we would be dead chuffed!

bestest wishes
    david and katie gibb

David,
    Welcome aboard, just wish it had been under better circumstances.
    First off where in Scotland are you ?

What was it you paid £ 4000 for ?? If repairs, what repairs
    I assume you have contacted the dealer, so what was his reply to the problems, how come he didn't repair the Surf.

Do you have evidence of the "Radiator + Carpet ", if so & dealer will not help, tell him your going to the local Trading Standards Office.

Lastly, i see your asking for a electrical wiring diagram, but you haven't really told us what problems you are having past or present.

If you want to talk send me a e-mail or PM, will be only to happy to try & help.

Sewerat Bob
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Have you paid the garage bill yet? £4000 will get you another '91 2.4 with 1K to spare!!

Toss it way and get another one if the dealer isn't paying the bill.

What do you need the engine management wiring for? There's not much you can do to it.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

hi there to both of you, im not sure how to reply to each, so i am hoping this reply will suffice, since you both asked virtually the same question....

We bought this car through ebay.... ok ok,,,, enough said... he said he was private seller,,,, however he has sold about 20 cars.... he refused to have anything to do with any repair, since we apparently were negligent and should have noticed a carpet in the radiator and that in fact it could be us that put the carpet in the radiator.l...... oh god i could go on... but i wont

suffice to say the engine boiled, everything got knacked, we paid the garage £1500 towards parts and still owe him for labour.... however, he reckoned he had fixed it and was sent down to inverkeithing to be checked out and then sent back saying the engine was fine now... however, he started it up let it run for an hour, and the garage filled up with black smoke now, car wont start. our garage reckons it is electrical wiring problem but cannot get one in english,.... appparently this car is pretty unusual?????

so we were tasked to find one... but the more i search the more i think that the suggestion to let the car go is probably a good one....

we have already been in touch with trading standards in aberystwyth and they are investingating the bloke as a disguised trader.... however he as not taken kindly to that (as im sure you can imagine) he offered us £200 towards the repair!

thanks for your reply,,,, so... in your opinions on where i could go from here would be great....
        many thanks,
        katie
        (long suffering (bus riding) wife of David, who is presently sleeping like a baby without a care in the world)!!!

grrrr

Comment

Katie,
          Where you in Scotland?
          I assume when you mention Inverkeithing, you are mostly in the Kingdom ??

I have a electrical wiring diagram for a 1994 KZN 130 ( the 3 litre ) which several members have used on a 2.4 L LN 130.
          You can certainly have a copy, either by e-mail ( ps it takes up about 6 MB's ) & unless you have broadband its very slow to download, let me know if you want a copy.

As Tony says, i'll not be much use for engine management system.
          Is the garage sure that it was a electrical loom fire ???

Also if you bought on E-bay & have a copy of the £ 200 offer, tell e-bay, they may not do anything ( which is the most likely action ) & leave a very bad rating about the guy.
          E-bay also have a dispute scheme, which is also probably not weighed your favour, but at least try.

Let my know if you want the elect. diagrams

Nearly forgot, name the said TRADER on the Forum, for us all.

Sewerat Bob
          [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat
            Katie,

E-bay also have a dispute scheme, which is also probably not weighed your favour, but at least try.

Sewerat Bob
            Tam has used the dispute system on Ebay before due to products she bought not being of 'merchandisable quality' ( they were s....e) . The end result , which did not take more then 2 weeks, was a 50% refund of goods and part of the poor goods returned . Slightly different with a car , but DO inform Ebay and put a complaint in to them . The more you push , the more you may get a result . You don't know if you don't try .
            Hope things work out for you .

Rick
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
            X