red coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red coolant

ok ive been told now that the red coolant thing is a myth and that its ok as long as u go to toyotas and buy it and dont add water comments please not on a postcard though lol mark
    black n tan
    black n tan
    yes i am a dobermann man

red coolant

Originally posted by slydog
    ok ive been told now that the red coolant thing is a myth and that its ok as long as u go to toyotas and buy it and dont add water comments please not on a postcard though lol mark
    me also, i was told to told to drain off the "jap crap" out of the cooling system, now i'm told that it was a daft thing to do and put some back in!1996 3.0 ssrx

Comment

red coolant

so wot did u do put it back in and who told u it was ok i been running mine for three weeks in traffic and motorway driving at constant 90mph with no problems 96 3 ltr ssrx wish someone would explain why id like to know or is it a myth mark
      black n tan
      black n tan
      yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Guys

It doesn't matter what colour it is , just dont mix the different sorts of antifreeze , I always use the Bluecol stuff from any motor factors , and mix it 50/50 with filtered water .

On all the surfs that I get the first thing I do is drain and flush the system , I also change the thermostat , you would be surprised how much crap comes out of the rads when you flush them .

Comment

Originally posted by andy
          Guys

It doesn't matter what colour it is , just dont mix the different sorts of antifreeze , I always use the Bluecol stuff from any motor factors , and mix it 50/50 with filtered water .

On all the surfs that I get the first thing I do is drain and flush the system , I also change the thermostat , you would be surprised how much crap comes out of the rads when you flush them .
          i also use bluecol but only 33% which is plenty in this country and it gives you slightly better cooling
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

red coolant

sorry but if you buy it from toyota what is different from ours to japans
            black n tan
            black n tan
            yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

remember also that you can't mix different types of coolant!... turns to jelly and blocks it all up!.... can't remember which ones not to mix though!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

For some reason the coolant used in Japan seems to mulsify and turn to a tar like substance. This then blocks the rad, pump, stat etc in past posts when peoples rads had gone (before doing the flush) they had said that when they took the rad off it was blocked solid, so solid they could of stuck a screw driver in the stuff and it would of stayed there.
                Apparently the stuff used in japan is more of a dark colour black/brown, so regardless of the colour this is why it is recommended you do you the flush and refill even if the dealer/private seller say its been done, do it yourself then you KNOW it has, properly.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Someone told me that if your temp guage moves up and down whilst normal driving then this is a sure sign that the rad is blocked and the coolant is struggling to circulate. When I drove mine home the first time the guage was all over the place especially going up hills and stuck in traffic. ???? It's best to flush any radiator if you don't know whats in it !

Andy. 92 2.4 ssrx

Comment

and you're presuming that what was in your rad was Toyota stuff, who told you your coolant was toyota coolant

Comment

It is important to choose a coolant with stated corrosion inhibitors already mixed in, Comma supply three types of coolant, blue, red, and green depending on what frost and anti corrosion protection is required.

Got a Surf in the workshop at the moment for a Recon Engine due to the cooling system being blocked solid with rust and muck, looks like it has just been run on pure water hence the rust build up.

ps. The new site is excellent good luck, Steve.

Comment

Working...
                      X