Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting 2.4s installed with the "refined" cylinder Head

Have a laugh at this:

I read about the Surfs yesterday night and decided to get one, I want a 3l or at a push a 2.4TD which has a refined cylinder head fitted.

Is there ANY way that I could check the 2.4L cylinder head (non-invasively) to see if its the one which has the refined channels or whtchoomaycallits in it?

Regards
    Udhi

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

......Sorry, why am I laughing????
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

On a more serious note you can not tell whether the head is mod'd as it is an internal thing.

Rich.

Comment

Rich, I edited out the laughy-part 'cos I thought it was going to be inflamatory. After reading all the stuff about cylinder head probs on Surfs all day yesterday, my car blew its cyl Head Gasket this morning, while I was prepping it for selling in order to get the Surf..how tragic is that?!

That was the laughy part. Booo Hoooooo hoooooooooooooooooo

Is there absolutely NOTHING to help trace these probs? like a chassis or Engine number that might infer its carrying the newer head design mebbe?

Do you guys know where I can get pattern parts for these vehicles, like panels etc?

Comment

Originally posted by ChasesDragons
          Rich, I edited out the laughy-part 'cos I thought it was going to be inflamatory. After reading all the stuff about cylinder head probs on Surfs all day yesterday, my car blew its cyl Head Gasket this morning, while I was prepping it for selling in order to get the Surf..how tragic is that?!

That was the laughy part. Booo Hoooooo hoooooooooooooooooo

Is there absolutely NOTHING to help trace these probs? like a chassis or Engine number that might infer its carrying the newer head design mebbe?

Do you guys know where I can get pattern parts for these vehicles, like panels etc?
          http://www.milneroffroad.com/LN130.htm
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

That is bad luck mate.

There have been many discussions on finding out which ones have and which ones havent including engine numbers, frame numbers, etc and allthough there were recall notices it would appear that you are lucky or you aren't in the 2.4 department. I think the poll is at about 20% of the 2.4's that have head problems.

The only way to know for sure is if it has been done before using a new pattern head such as one from UKcylinderheads.

The 2.4 is still a great vehicle and you can either stick some money away or not worry about it.

If you are gonna worry about it that much get a 3.0.

This is all my opinion of course!

Rich.

Comment

Working...
            X