Engine running cooler.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine running cooler.....

Since i lifted my truck by 2" last week, the engine doesn't get as hot. I thought it was just cos i was on a short run. So i took it up the m6 and back again, a round trip of 32 miles and never once did it get to 70c. Before the lift it would hit about 75 - 78c at about 75 - 80mph. Is this due to the rad being more exposed or the extra (cooling) space at the top of the engine?
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Originally posted by Antshiel
    Since i lifted my truck by 2" last week, the engine doesn't get as hot. I thought it was just cos i was on a short run. So i took it up the m6 and back again, a round trip of 32 miles and never once did it get to 70c. Before the lift it would hit about 75 - 78c at about 75 - 80mph. Is this due to the rad being more exposed or the extra (cooling) space at the top of the engine?
    You're getting more air around the motor and gearbox, the tranny tunnel by the gearlevers is always much cooler after a body lift. Its probably a bit of each though.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      You're getting more air around the motor and gearbox, the tranny tunnel by the gearlevers is always much cooler after a body lift. Its probably a bit of each though.

Thats a relief, the last time it started running cooler the gauge suddenly shot up and popped the head.
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

thats global warming for you
        i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Its the altitude Never mind what these others are saying. Ive noticed when flying that the higher you go the cooler it gets. 28 deg on the ground, all hot and sweaty, get to 1500 feet and its fine. Have you ever been on one of these flights where they show you all that stuff ?? Have you seen the outside air temp at 31000 feet. Positively artic .
          So in short, your lift has taken you higher up where its cooler, its obvious isnt it, never mind that tosh about more air.

4" lift and you,ll be wearing thermals I reckon.
          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
            Its the altitude Never mind what these others are saying. Ive noticed when flying that the higher you go the cooler it gets. 28 deg on the ground, all hot and sweaty, get to 1500 feet and its fine. Have you ever been on one of these flights where they show you all that stuff ?? Have you seen the outside air temp at 31000 feet. Positively artic .
            So in short, your lift has taken you higher up where its cooler, its obvious isnt it, never mind that tosh about more air.

Vatchman must be bl00dy cold then, your right tho, the yanks used to make ice cream in their B17's in WW11
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus

Try Skydiving in shorts. I used to go up to 12,000ft in Cyprus when the ground temp was about 40deg C. By the time you get up to 12,000 your freezing your ti*s off!!!

Comment

Working...
              X