VIN number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIN number

Does anyone know where I can find the Toyota VIN number?
    It's not on the VIN plate??

It should be an eight digit number.
    Ian
    One day my paranoia will go away!

Mine is on the engine bulkhead and I think it has 13 numbers. It starts with KZN
    '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnyboy
      Mine is on the engine bulkhead and I think it has 13 numbers. It starts with KZN
      yep on the bulkhead LN130????????? KZN???????
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
        Does anyone know where I can find the Toyota VIN number?
        It's not on the VIN plate??

It should be an eight digit number.
        its on the chassis behind the front drivers side wheel
        Last edited by gemini; 30 September 2003, 14:05.
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

If you're driving a Surf and not a 4Runner you won't have a VIN number. The plate on the centre of the bulkhead in the engine bay carries the model no and the frame no but the actual VIN was never fitted to Japanese built vehicles. Having said that you don't need it to identify the vehicle, only the info on the bulkhead plate.

Roger
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
            If you're driving a Surf and not a 4Runner you won't have a VIN number. The plate on the centre of the bulkhead in the engine bay carries the model no and the frame no but the actual VIN was never fitted to Japanese built vehicles. Having said that you don't need it to identify the vehicle, only the info on the bulkhead plate.

Roger
            Yup, i figured that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
              The plate on the centre of the bulkhead in the engine bay carries the model no and the frame no but the actual VIN was never fitted to Japanese built vehicles
              That explains why i can't find it.
              I presume then that the frame (chassis) number can be classed as the VIN
              Ian
              One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn

Roger
                Oh yes they were.The VIN number on my '92 2.4 is 17 characters.This has an extra letter added to the original 16 when it is complianced.I'm in Australia and they may remove them when sending to the UK.

Neville

Comment

Working...
                X