3 Ltr Gen 3 Auto Gearbox query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Ltr Gen 3 Auto Gearbox query

I have a 1998 Gen 3 3 ltr diesel auto and have just had all the rad hoses, stat and belts done, and I had an extra air/transmission oil cooler fitted between the output from the gearbox and the input on the bottom of the standard radiator water cooled oil cooler.
    The system was flushed out and refilled with a 50/50 mix antifreeze with inhibitor.
    The temp gauge is a fraction lower than before and sits between the
    8 and 9 o'clock position, before it was nearer the 9 o'clock.
    Now it takes a bit longer for the temperature to get to the running temperature and for the lock up to kick in, about 5 miles on the open road and I assume this is due to the temp being slightly lower due to the work carried out.
    Is there a way to get the lock up temperature sensor to come in earlier or is the engine or gearbox now possibly over cooled for normal use or is this quite normal.
    I did all this as I will be using the Surf to tow my twin axle Coachman 590 which is 1400 kg empty but with all my s**te on board plus the two dogs I shudder to think what weight it will be and I did not want to cook the engine or gearbox after reading about the possible overheat probs some owners have had.
    Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Mike
Working...
X