diesel loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diesel loss

hi peeps..just wondering if any1 can offer any help/advice...anyways the problem is about 2 weeks ago i had my injectors checked as i was using more fuel than expected..no problem was found and after a service seemed to be ok anyways 2 days ago i noticed a trail of diesel when reversing out of garage and to my horror when i looked under surf i could see a fastish dripping of fuel...i have very little knowledge of engines but am guessing it may be the diesel pump or in hope the injectors not fitted correctly..any help would be grately appreciated as i love my surf...just a thought if the pump was faulty would it loose fuel..mayb it just a loose pipe or summut ( hope so )

thx reafer.

Originally posted by reafer
    hi peeps..just wondering if any1 can offer any help/advice...anyways the problem is about 2 weeks ago i had my injectors checked as i was using more fuel than expected..no problem was found and after a service seemed to be ok anyways 2 days ago i noticed a trail of diesel when reversing out of garage and to my horror when i looked under surf i could see a fastish dripping of fuel...i have very little knowledge of engines but am guessing it may be the diesel pump or in hope the injectors not fitted correctly..any help would be grately appreciated as i love my surf...just a thought if the pump was faulty would it loose fuel..mayb it just a loose pipe or summut ( hope so )

thx reafer.
    Could be a loose pipe on the pump, fule filter, injectors, hole in the tank, corroded or damaged pipe. I think you need to do some more investigation to see where it is coming from e.g. front ot rear of the car, front or rear of the engine bay etc.

Cheers

Comment

thx 4 reply m8...the leak is from the front and only leaks when running..just had a guy ere and he s confident it the pump...so hoping it just a pipe as u mentioned...just a bummer if it gonna cost £££'s with xmas upon us..thx again.

Comment

Originally posted by reafer
        thx 4 reply m8...the leak is from the front and only leaks when running..just had a guy ere and he s confident it the pump...so hoping it just a pipe as u mentioned...just a bummer if it gonna cost £££'s with xmas upon us..thx again.
        Could be the top seal, known to leak when it gets older. It can be changed with the pump on the engine so shouldn't be a probelm.

cheers

Comment

Hi Reafer

If it is the pump top seal, have a look at the following link....

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuelpump.htm

Might help, and could be worth investigating before shelling out for a new pump. Like Lucky said, a few people have had worn seals leading to a fuel leak when cold.

Simon

Comment

elo again chaps...been in touch with mechanic and he says its a junction on my pump that has gone..i have not spoken to him myself as im on night shift and have only just got up...is this part inside or outside the pump?but most of all is it gonna b expensive?

Comment

Junction????
              Need more info.

Neville

Comment

ello again peeps the just spoken to mechanic he says fuel is leaking very fast and difficult to pinpoint as to where exactly it leaking..im gonna go for what lucky said and replace the seal...are these easily obtainable and any pointers as to where to purchase??

Comment

he might be telling you in a roundabout way that the fuel hose from the filter to the pump has a bad connection at the pump, that fix could involve as little a fitting a new jubilee clip

theres possibly a simple explantion, its simple enough to remove all the air ducting that blocks your view of the top of the pump. Also if you were to remove the left front wheel and pull back the rubber splash flaps, you can see right in to where the injector lines exit the pump

Comment

Working...
                  X