Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/D light flashing

Hi folks.

The orange overdrive light on my kzn185 tends to flash after I go over 50kph. According to the manual I should instantly get to my local dealer due to a gearbox fault.

My local Toyota dealer has gone bust, and Toyota Ireland will not even talk to you if you even refer to an import! My mechanic (Landrover & Jaguar) can't find a problem, and I can't find a problem. Overdrive and ECT both work fine, oil levels are fine, and there are no leaks. It runs up and down through the gears without any difficulty.

I can't find anyone locally whose software can reset the light (I want to see is a an old fault that may have been fixed but light not reset, or a false read).

Is there any quick reset, or is there a diagnostic tool/package available?

Thanks.

David.

Originally posted by Fey! View Post
    is there a diagnostic tool/package available?
    Hello, search on here for diagnostic or diagnostics. It gets covered once a week or so.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I can't find the search option!

Comment

Are you taking the pi$$?

It's near the top of every page!

But seeing as I'm in a good mood, here is the link to the advanced search page http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/search.php
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Moo Chose Grassy Ass.

I'm technically retarded, so please pardon the many mistakes I will make on here!

I see the search now (which is the same as on several other forums I use...)

Comment

Working...
          X