A question answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question answered

On Sunday morning at the Shuttleworth/Biggleswade show , a question was raised from Linda regarding the construction and design of the toilet roll holders as in use in the 'Portaloo' toilets on site . The main concern of Linda was the replacement of the used toilet roles in the holder, ie how was the rod locating the rolls removed so new stock could be fitted .
    Myself, Jotto and Koi gave our agreed conclusions to the method but I felt the answer was not suffice to give Linda a complete reassurance .
    Therefore I felt a full investigation was needed to fully explain and put a good answer to the question .
    I therefore visited the ony 2 toilets allowed use by the male users near to the club stand and made notes for later .
    Here is the answer :
    In Fig 1 the frame made of 2 or 3mm flat steel is bent to the shape shown . 4 holes are drilled to allow the mounting of frame to toilet cubicle , this is done with 3/16 pop rivits (size not confirmed) . The frame is capable of holding 3 toilet rolls , standard only , not your super size or extra sheet varity ( I checked the measurements ) . The rod with a threaded section at end , 2 or 3mm in diameter , in Fig2 is passed through the centre of the 3 rolls and then is screwed into a captive nut welded to the underside of the frame .It is tightened by the flat head on the top of the bar . When replacing the roll/s the procedure is reversed and rolls replaced .
    I hope this has helped answer a question in full that was raised and Linda is now fully understanding of the construction and use/restock of the toilet roll holder in 'Portaloo' toilets

Rick
    Attached Files
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

funny wot things go through your mind when you visit the loo rick!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

I would fall at your feet in admiration of your dedication - but I know what you trod in
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Thats exactly what we said on the day

Oh and he didn't just tread in it
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Thats my Dad! what a roll model.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X