X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator/auto box oil cooler

undefinedundefinedundefined
    Hi all,

Ok its me again and coolant loss is still not sorted but the plot has thickened!
    Quick re-run - whenever I drove the truck it dumped about .5 to 1ltr of coolant into the expansion tank and did not draw it back in. Replaced pressure cap - no improvement. Took out thermostat and tested - opening at too higher temperature so left it out temporarily. Went for a drive - did exactly the same again. Removed radiator and got it tested - low flow and it looked cruddy inside so had it re-cored. Refitted rad with new antifreeze but still no thermostat and bled thru - drive up the road and engine warms up very quickly, within a couple of miles and it dumps .5 ltr of coolant into expansion tank. When got back home the top hose was hot, rad core was warm and part of bottom hose near the block was hot bot at base of radiator was cold. So I`m starting to think there is something wrong with the water pump not circulating the coolant properly. Strip out again and remove coolant pump - its in such good condition it might as well be new!
    By this time I`ve lost most of my hair!
    Even got as far as looking down all the hoses to see if some git had jammed a cotton reel into one!

Anyway then look inside radiator top and bottom necks. Looking into the bottom outlet from the rad it would appear that the auto box oil cooler is jammed up agaisnt the outlet in the lower tank on the radiator virtually completely blocking it! - How has this happened ? Anyone else seen this before ? Anyone else got their radiator out at the moment can have a look - you`ll need a mirror or long finger! - and see how obscured the outlet is in their rad?

It just gets worse and worse !!!!!!!!!!!
    #
    Eddy

I'm assuming you have a 3.0 then... Here's a thread which might interest you.

You might as well get a new stat and put it in. At the very least it will return the system to standard, then take it from there.

EDIT, oops no you don't have 3.0 - just looked at your previous posts.
    Last edited by Rob; 3 August 2004, 22:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      I'm assuming you have a 3.0 then... Here's a thread which might interest you.

You might as well get a new stat and put it in. At the very least it will return the system to standard, then take it from there.

EDIT, oops no you don't have 3.0 - just looked at your previous posts.
      Yeah but he might have a 3.0 radiator in the Surf. The 2.4 transmission cooler is the bottom part of the rad with a different layout than the 3.0 Auto.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X