Newbie looking for a surf or 4 runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie looking for a surf or 4 runner

Hello all, first of great forum which has given me loads of great info!

Decided I will be buying either a 3.0 surf or 4Runner so anyone selling please feel free to get intouch....

I have about £1500 at my disposal with possible extra funds for the right one.

That aside I was looking for some of your personal views between the surf and 4Runner.
    Im looking for one as a second motor for hunting, the coming bad weather ( I travel from the north east to reading) and a bit of fun off roading. Will be farm/off road more than on road.

Found a few 4runners which look ace from the exterior but seem... Well, slightly bare on the inside for the price?
    Or is it more of a blank canvas to stick more goodies in 👍

4runners seem only a few hundred £s under its surf equivalent.
    Guess It would be good to know your opinion on wether a 4 runner GS in a ok
    condition with 125-150 mile on the clock is worth the £1500 or there about?
    Hope this post isn't to vague.

Look forward posting on a toyota I own soon...😶

Thanks again for any help

I've never owned a 4 runner but I think the Surfs come better equipped, A/C etc.
    Also the 4 Runners are prone to rust a bit more (bottom of doors, tailgate areas)
    If you get the Grindr app on your mobile it will give you a list of nearby 4 Runner owners.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
      I've never owned a 4 runner but I think the Surfs come better equipped, A/C etc.
      Also the 4 Runners are prone to rust a bit more (bottom of doors, tailgate areas)
      If you get the Grindr app on your mobile it will give you a list of nearby 4 Runner owners.
      Or why not try a 70 series Land Cruiser theres a few on ebay cheapish at the moment.

Comment

Ha!

Seriously though, I highly recommend the 4runner. I've never had a surf but it was much cheaper to insure a UK 4runner than an imported surf.
        Yeah, they dont have a/c, but who needs air con when you have your very own SUNROOF!

Comment

Thanks for the tip, checked it out and had know idea you lived so close to me...😑

To be fair most of the surfs iv seen have also had the rust in the same place.
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Devil View Post
            Or why not try a 70 series Land Cruiser theres a few on ebay cheapish at the moment.
            Hadn't thought of that, will have a look and see what they are like but think I'm set on surf or 4 runner

Comment

Originally posted by srbsma View Post
              Ha!

Seriously though, I highly recommend the 4runner. I've never had a surf but it was much cheaper to insure a UK 4runner than an imported surf.
              Yeah, they dont have a/c, but who needs air con when you have your very own SUNROOF!
              Is my thinking so far cheers 👍

Comment

Working...
              X